This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johanv-3 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 5, 2019 at 9:47 am

johanv-3

We're trying to translate all of our products but get stuck on products that have been edited with the UX builder (some of them).

We already tried this fix for these products (it did work with a lot of our products)
"Please go to WPML > packages and delete the package of that product: hidden link if you see that there.
Then update the product. That fixed the issue."

Sadly enough, it does not work with these products (few of them)
hidden link
hidden link

October 7, 2019 at 6:39 am #4704579

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I reviewed the translation jobs for these products and saw that they were in status "Waiting for translator".

I then assigned myself as a translator. Then cancelled the existing jobs. I then re-attempted to create a FR translation which then brought up the ATE. I executed the automatic translation, completed and saved the job.

The two products are now translated.
Please confirm on your side.

October 7, 2019 at 7:58 am #4705101

johanv-3

Thank you for your reply

I see the product now translated fully, only we are not using ATE since we use our own translator in combination with Deepl. How can we fix it that way?

October 7, 2019 at 8:40 am #4705593

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Oh. You system was configured to use the ATE - I did not set it that way.

You can toggle the ATE here to use the Classic Translator here.
WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages

If you want to only use Manual (WordPress native) editor, then you can do this from within the post type editor on the sidebar. Under the "Translations" area you can toggle off WPML (see image).

I hope this resolves your question.

October 7, 2019 at 11:55 am #4706811

johanv-3

Hi Yvette,

I have seen that when i disable it that way, i get the native editor. Only we always used the one lets say in the middle. Cause we had stock issues. Would that still occur if we use the native one?

We used the one that does not have the automatic translation option but also not the native one (obly for products)

October 7, 2019 at 12:31 pm #4707167

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

That means you were using the Classic Translation editor from WPML.

You would normally not get the "translation stuck" in queue issue if you were using the native wordpress editor. The only reason the job was "stuck" was because nobody picked up the translation job.

It is recommended that you DO use either the ATE or CTE editors for translating products as this is an easier interface to make sure you are getting all the required text fields transalted.

October 7, 2019 at 2:22 pm #4708457

johanv-3

Well we always used the translator when you have the source lang. on the left and the other on the right (not the one with the option to translate automatically) so not the same one you create the products.

How can we fix this issue? Is there a way to delete an existing translation from db?

October 8, 2019 at 8:44 am #4713267

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

I am a bit confused. Is the problem not already fixed or is there another product that is "stuck"?

You can always cancel a translation job as I did by going to the Translation Management dashboard > Jobs

Use the name of the product/page/post in the filter to find the jobs associated with the object. If the status is "waiting for translator", you can then select the job and then cancel it.

This will set the "gear" icon back to a "pencil" or "update needed" icon and you can then send it to a different translator. This process is true regardless of which Transation Editor you are using.

In the cases that you opened this ticket with, the ATE translation editor was active. You had apparently set this as the editor to use at some point. But it does not really matter which editor was active - the point was to cancel the open job that was assigned to a translator who was not taking it off the queue.

October 10, 2019 at 10:12 am #4729153

johanv-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!