Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 18, 2019 at 10:10 am #4780543

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I have investigated and we are not sure why simply cloning your website causes issues with the String Translations. Even if you have multiple translation files, unless you made changes after the migration or cloning, the String Translations table should be exactly as it was. We have not had any other customers report the specific behavior with your site.

The process I suggested should work but it will not override translations entered manually into the staging site. I also noticed that the menus on the staging site are slightly different from the ones on the production site, so I feel there is some difference between the two.

I'd be happy to escalate this to for further investigation but we cannot do this for unsupported plugins. Please let us know if you upgrade your subscription and I will be happy to assist you further.

October 21, 2019 at 10:21 am #4793249

nuriG

Keep this ticket open. I'll create new staging again with details how to reproduce it.

October 23, 2019 at 10:06 am #4809847

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide much more support or escalate this issue since it has to do with plugins you are not currently subscribed to receive support for.

There is also the possibility that the latest upgarde has solved your problem. So once you upgrade your license and you update your plugins, your problem may be solved.

Regards

October 23, 2019 at 6:13 pm #4813999

nuriG

I will NOT create a new ticket. This ticket has been created for a specific problem, I've been spending days to explain you and you are still not able to fix it. You must investigate in THIS same ticket.

October 24, 2019 at 8:09 am #4817191

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello @nurig,

This is Andrés, WPML team leader.

We would love to continue investigating this situation but as Izzy answered before, you are using a Multilingual Blog license and asking support which is only provided for a Multilingual CMS one.

If you already have a Multilingual CMS, please let us know your purchase date and email, we will investigate this situation and update it accordingly. Otherwise, we can't move forward until you upgrade you package subscription.

Regards,
Andrés

October 24, 2019 at 9:56 am #4818403

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi @nurig,

Do let me know if you decide to upgrade your subscription, or if you have a Multilingual CMS subscription that we can associate with your account.

I will be happy to escalate the issue for further investigation at that point.

October 25, 2019 at 7:29 pm #4829781

nuriG

I upgraded my account now INVESTIGATE !!!!!

October 28, 2019 at 11:24 am #4838697

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for upgrading to the Multilingual CMS subscription. I am going to escalate this for further investigation.

Our first step will be to take a copy of your live website again and simply migrate it again. This should not affect any translations if there is no issue.

Next we will try updating your theme and plugins. This is the main point where the .mo files might not be behaving as expected. Our development team will investigate to see which .mo files are being loaded and in what order, and explain why.

October 29, 2019 at 11:13 am #4846645

nuriG

Do you still have access to my hosting dashboard to take a copy of my live site? If not, please open a private section to send you the credentials to get a copy.

October 30, 2019 at 7:46 am #4853111

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

Please share updated credentials and I will attempt a migration.

Request for temporary access

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC.

DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields.

If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Losing translations when updating wordpress/theme/plugin’ is closed to new replies.