This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:loss of styling in translated page

Solution:When translating with WPML there are 2 different options

1. by clicking the "+" to add a translation , this will allow you to add the translation from scratch meaning that the translated page will not carry over the CSS

2. By "duplicating" the page. you can do this by clicking on "edit" to access the backend of the original page, and then on the right side select "duplicate" to duplicate the page over to the secondary language.

this will carry over the CSS.

Also it is recommend to examine the options of the new page to make sure that all styling is the same as the default page's in the backend.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paoloM-32 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 23, 2018 at 8:57 am #2213353

paoloM-32

I am trying to: translate a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the same header on the page in Italian, the same footer on the page in Italina

Instead, I got: header and footer corrupted (They lose the settings)

May 23, 2018 at 11:39 pm #2219048

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

When translating with WPML there are 2 different options

1. by clicking the "+" to add a translation , this will allow you to add the translation from scratch meaning that the translated page will not carry over the CSS

2. By "duplicating" the page. you can do this by clicking on "edit" to access the backend of the original page, and then on the right side select "duplicate" to duplicate the page over to the secondary language.

this will carry over the CSS.

Also it is recommend to examine the options of the new page to make sure that all styling is the same as the default page's in the backend.

May 31, 2018 at 8:02 am #2254721

paoloM-32

Thanks, so it's much better. We can close the ticket.