Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vayawebs 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
August 10, 2020 at 3:43 pm #6770843

vayawebs

I am trying to: replace a phone number

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: trober.es

I expected to see: the replaced telephone number

Instead, I got: many texts appear in English, instead of their corresponding language

August 11, 2020 at 11:49 am #6776879

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Please make a backup before proceeding.

1) Please make sure you are using the latest versions of WPML plugins and theme.

2) Since you are using WPML and Woocommerce and they require a lot of memory, please update memory limit values:

Please open and add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code. This file is located in your website's root folder.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

3) Can you please share more info about the issue. If possible please share some image/video so I can get a clear idea of what is going on.

Can you share an image on how are you adding this telephone number and how are you translating it?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Drazen

August 13, 2020 at 12:55 pm #6795125

vayawebs

Hi Drazen,

As you can see on the screenshots, when I change the telephone number in Appearance > Theme Options, some texts change from Spanish to English. I am using the latest versions of WPML plugins and theme.

Thanks,

Daniel Palau

August 14, 2020 at 7:02 am #6800977

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Daniel,

thanks for sharing images.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website or staging site.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply. I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account. Be sure to provide both.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator, and then add those credentials in the private fields mentioned.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

I might need to make a copy of your website and test it on our servers, please let me know if do not agree with it for some reason.

Thanks,
Drazen

August 14, 2020 at 7:15 am #6800989

vayawebs

/home/trober/public_html/trober.es/wpml

August 14, 2020 at 7:32 am #6801047

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Thanks for sharing.

1) Please correct FTP user access folder, I need to be able to login in the root folder of your website (/home/trober/public_html/trober.es/)

2) I am trying to check the issue, but I am not able to replicate the issue.

Can you please let me know where can I add a translation for strings on Frontend, for example: "FLATS ON SALE"?

Thanks,
Drazen

August 16, 2020 at 12:32 pm #6810241

vayawebs

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!