This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
March 13, 2019 at 11:55 am #3332699

frederica-10

Site: hidden link
Pwd Protected site: ooodif321
------
Hi,
I am translating products, no issues on that.

Everything else, I'm am utterly LOST.

---
I am making the site in EN.

I need the site in the following languages (of course, I am taking care of translating the products page and have translated the slugs, categories, etc manually).

- FR
- IT
- ES
- PT
- DE
- SL
- TR

---

I have been reading all sorts of HOW-TO's, documentation from your site and online on how to get a "perfect" theme translation from all menus, strings all the way to how the cart translation messages work etc...

But I am LOST...

---
I have all the .MO and .PO files at my disposal but don't know what to do with them 🙁

---
CDN: I will purge and try to disable the Cloudflare CDN for now...
---

HELP 🙁

Thank you,
Frederic

Please find the WPML Debug info included below:

March 14, 2019 at 7:42 am #3341015

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I am really sorry I don't understand the exact issue, I am assuming that you are trying to translate the site contents but there is some hindrance you are unable to achieve the expected results.

Could you please clarify you want to translate only the theme and plugin text as you have mentioned you have the .po and .mo files. They help with translating the static content.
If you already have .po files you can upload it to the string translation table from
WPML > String translation > import/export .po (refer screenshot)

However, I would request more information on how to reproduce the issue a screenshot or some additional information like steps that you have tried would help me better understand the issue.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Lost on .PO/.MO files. When / How to use them’ is closed to new replies.