This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 5:51 pm #4555661

samZ-4

We have a staging environment and a production environment. We had received translations of China pages through WPML on the production environment.

We recently fully synced staging and production, and in doing so we lost the China pages in WPML on the live site (the staging site overwrote the production site).

Is there a way to recover the China pages we lost in the WPML production site?

Thank you!

September 11, 2019 at 6:39 pm #4555919

samZ-4

Additionally - we did a backup of the production site before the sync, so we do have those pages in WPML on that environment. Is it possible to carry them over from that environment to production easily?

September 12, 2019 at 9:41 am #4559861

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Please review the following documentation from our website and see if helps you to solve the issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/handling-translation-jobs-within-production-staging-and-development-sites/

In case you need more help from me, could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 12, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4561649

samZ-4

I tried to add the debug info and got this error (attached).

Can you just tell me if there's a way for our translation vendor to resend the pages they already sent? Or are they lost forever?

September 12, 2019 at 7:41 pm #4564171

samZ-4

Can you respond please?!

September 13, 2019 at 5:05 pm #4570215

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting here. Regarding your question:

"Can you just tell me if there's a way for our translation vendor to resend the pages they already sent? Or are they lost forever?"

No, your already made translations won't be lost as it is kept in memory either in the WPML Advanced Translation Editor and the Translations Services (translation vendor) itself. In this case you could try the following:

1 - Check with your translation vendor if the already made translations are kept in memory so you won't be charged again for these already made translations.

2 - Resend your pages/posts as translations jobs for your translation service (vendor)

You should receive the translations back in your desired environment. Please, let me know if it makes sense of if you need any additional details and clarifications, have a nice day.