This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: In the debug.log there are many errors like this one:

WordPress database error Table 'xxxx_database_name.wp_icl_string_packages' doesn't exist for query SELECT CONCAT(kind_slug, '-', name) FROM wp_icl_string_packages made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpseo_init, WPSEO_Meta::init, WPSEO_Options::get, WPSEO_Options::get_all, WPSEO_Options::get_options, WPSEO_Options::get_option, get_option, apply_filters('option_wpseo_titles'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, WPML_Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, icl_t, icl_translate, WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context, WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Cache->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->load, WPML_ST_Gettext_Filters_Activation->should_be_turned_on, WPML\ST\Package\Domains->isPackage, WPML\ST\Package\Domains->getDomains

Solution: To solve the problem is necessary to do a fix on the database. Please contact support and we'll do it once you provide credentials

100% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 11:21 am #4229363

Elaine Brown

This does not seem to be affecting the website, but I am getting an extraordinary amount of error messages eg

[17-Jul-2019 01:52:27 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'xxxx_database_name.wp_icl_string_packages' doesn't exist for query SELECT CONCAT(kind_slug, '-', name) FROM wp_icl_string_packages made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpseo_init, WPSEO_Meta::init, WPSEO_Options::get, WPSEO_Options::get_all, WPSEO_Options::get_options, WPSEO_Options::get_option, get_option, apply_filters('option_wpseo_titles'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, WPML_Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, icl_t, icl_translate, WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context, WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Cache->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->load, WPML_ST_Gettext_Filters_Activation->should_be_turned_on, WPML\ST\Package\Domains->isPackage, WPML\ST\Package\Domains->getDomains

The error log is full of similar errors just for today.
Our developer says this is not a missing table issue.
Can you provide any help with this?
thanks

July 17, 2019 at 5:16 pm #4232559

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Can you try to install this plugin and see if it helps? hidden link

Also, please try to increase the WP Memory Limit. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

July 19, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4246225

Elaine Brown

Hi Laura,
Thanks for your reply.
Can you tell me how I install this plugin? I've looked and can't find it.
Many thanks

July 20, 2019 at 8:11 am #4249359

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

What do you mean exactly with "I can't find it"? You should load it from Plugins > Add new like any plugin.

Please also do a backup before running it.

July 22, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4259021

Elaine Brown

Hi Laura,
The plugin that you linked to was a single file. I've tried searching for a plugin called WPML fixer and can't find anything.
Am I missing something?
thanks

July 22, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4259135

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

yes, it's a single file. It's not unusual for a plugin, it depends on what they do.
You won't find it anywhere because it's a debugging plugin and we share the link with clients only when it's necessary.

July 23, 2019 at 10:03 am #4264935

Elaine Brown

Hi Laura,
Thanks for your help again.
I added the plugin yesterday, and increased the memory limit as you suggested.
But I am still getting the same error messages - over 1000 today so far!

July 23, 2019 at 11:18 am #4265457

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I'll try to perform a fix on the database.
Before doing that, you must perform a backup of the site and the database, so in case something goes wrong you can restore everything safely.

I will also need to install a plugin to access your database, and your site's credentials.
If you agree, I'll proceed with the fix. I'll enable a private reply.

Again, please be sure to have a full backup before granting me access.

July 23, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4266439

Elaine Brown

Thanks Laura.
I replied to this with access details and they were still published.
Please let me know how I can send these to you

July 23, 2019 at 1:28 pm #4266485

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I get a message of wrong password. Could you please check?

July 23, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4266981

Elaine Brown

Yes I changed the passwords immediately because they had been published here.
Can I send them to you privately?

July 23, 2019 at 3:05 pm #4267261

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I enabled another private reply, can you try again?

July 24, 2019 at 7:41 am #4271117

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I performed the fix and everything seems fine.

Can you confirm you don't have new errors like in the previous days?

July 26, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4289931

Elaine Brown

Hi Laura
Thanks for your help on this!
The last error on the error log was on the 24th, so it looks like it's fixed!

July 26, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4290017

Laura
Supporter

I'm happy to hear that! I'll mark this ticket as resolved but please if you still have issues don't hesitate to contact us again.