This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 10, 2019 at 2:05 pm

renaud-andreT

Dear support Team,

I hope you are well.
I am facing very low site performance.
Here is the WPML link of the post that could help me: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-performance-5/

FYI
a) I have more than 4500 products on my WC.. and I should soon have 2000 more.
b) I have increased php execution time from 30 to 360 which is the max
c) I use PHP 7.3 on my servor
d) My theme is DIVI

So here is what I did:

1) I have deactivate all WMPL plugin and change my them to Twenty Sixteen. -> This is indeed when I activate WPML CMS management that WP,... the website (www.roadexport-shop.com) is loosing all its performances.
2) Regarding the debug queries plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/debug-queries/... -> it has not been update since 4 years.. see warning message: This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Is there an alternative to report
3) Track where strings appear on the site is : "disable"
4) Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality is : "disable"
5) I can't use W3 Total Cache at the moment since the products of my WC are not translated. See ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/syntaxerror-json-parse-unexpected-character-at-line-1-column-1-of/
6) bellow the performance results

So I am a bit lost with the performance and I would defiitly need your help to fixe it .

Best Regards
André

August 12, 2019 at 6:09 am #4378477

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

May I ask you the following?
- where exactly is the performance issue visible, in the front end of the site, backend or somewhere else ( perhaps when updating products)?
-- It would help if you could provide few URLs we can check

- can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier?
-- https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 12, 2019 at 8:28 am #4379153

renaud-andreT

Hi Bruno,
Thanks for your revert. Hope you had a good weekend.
I have intalled and created a package with Duplicator (20190812_roadexportshop-Bruno-Kos).
Regarding the links, this is quite general. My WP control panel is slowed as well.
But here is an obvious one;
hidden link
hidden link
Hope to read you soon
Regards
André

August 12, 2019 at 9:20 am #4379571

renaud-andreT

Hi Bruno,
Sorry I thought I did the package but I couldn't finished the process since the size of my WP (more than 500 Mo).
Can we make it with the FTPs Acces?
Sorry for this

August 12, 2019 at 9:22 am #4379577

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I can see that the package failed - let me try myself be excluding most of the media files. I will keep you posted!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 12, 2019 at 10:22 am #4380001

renaud-andreT

Thanks Bruno

August 14, 2019 at 5:49 am #4392525

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

We have made a very detailed profiling in order to find the culprit, while our performance team also made further debugging. It seems that we were able to find what is behind this, however we don't have any current solutions or workarounds. You can see the performance comparison with and without WPML:

hidden link)

Some leads point to is_taxonomy_translated() function there in wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/functions-load.php which seems to load several hooks and WPML settings.

That's why the case has been escalated to our developers team, but I cannot give any dates on when it will be resolved. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get any new information from them!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 14, 2019 at 8:43 am #4393393

renaud-andreT

Dear Bruno,
Many thanks for all the tests and work done by WPML to find ou what's my issue.
I am glad you could put a name on it and that a solution is managable.

I know you can't give me a specific timing, but as you probably have see on our home page, the opening of the website should happen 1st of September. Is there any chance the WPML performance team could fixe it within this delay? I have pressure on my side from suppliers, distributors and... my wallet 😉
Thanks for your understanding.
Best Regards
André

August 14, 2019 at 9:57 am #4393953

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi André,

. Is there any chance the WPML performance team could fixe it within this delay?

I wish I could give you any meaningful answer, but I'm not sure and I cannot influence developers queue :(. Maybe you could try setting up a caching plugin such as:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/optimize-multilingual-website-performance-using-w3-total-cache/

Maybe it helps, but I cannot guarantee that it would improve performance. Maybe you could also have a look at your hosting if they provide some additional services when it comes to caching, such as content delivery network option or similar solution.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 14, 2019 at 10:30 am #4394151

renaud-andreT

Hi Bruno,
I guessed so but... I need to try in order to go further in my mork.
Anyway

Yes W3TC is a a good option but I need to have all my translations done before using it and unfortunately I am also trying to solve a syntax error (see this topic : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/syntaxerror-json-parse-unexpected-character-at-line-1-column-1-of/ ).

Lately I received an email from Amid. Regarding the beta version of the plugin wpml sting translation (see: https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/).
1. Does using the beta version will help me in my case?
2. If so, how could I swing from my actual version of WPML sting translation to the Beta version without loosing the work done?

Thanks for your time and help.

August 14, 2019 at 11:12 am #4394457

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

1. Does using the beta version will help me in my case?

It will not help unfortunately - we have tested the site with the latest version, but it did not help, so the culprit is elsewhere.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 14, 2019 at 11:13 am #4394459

renaud-andreT

thanks mate

August 14, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4394715

renaud-andreT

Sorry to mention that Bruno but since I can't run WPML until my particular issue is solved, can we manage with the accounting to postpone my renewal payment the delay the developers need to fix the issue?
Thanks for your understanding and help.
André

August 22, 2019 at 9:39 am #4438079

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I just sent you an email - can you please try what I suggested there and let me know about the results?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Low Site Performance due to CMS management WPML’ is closed to new replies.