This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4330463

mihatO

I am trying to: I am using your machine translate service. I translated a page. After that, I copy the original text and paste to google translate. Google translate did a translation differently. More accurate and correctly. However, your integrated machine translate did non-sense sentences and needs lots of fixes. I don't know maybe you are not using Google in your back-end if so I would like to have an option to choose Google as a machine translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

August 2, 2019 at 5:09 pm #4331745

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I am very sorry to hear that you encountered that kind of trouble with our ATE automatic translation feature. To be honest I did not encounter an issue like this with the clients that I served until now but I am sure this is worth investigating more on.

Can you please:

1. let me know from what language to what language you tried to translate
2. share with me the exact original text that you tried to translate

Also, regarding the Google Translation feature recommendation, that sounds like a great idea and I would encourage you to please take 5 minutes and add it here:
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

I don't know how much work would it take to implement that or if it is possible but I think it is a great idea.

I will be waiting for your response.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 4, 2019 at 8:06 am #4335735

mihatO

Original TEXT (English): SPYERA is targeted at who may have problems with alcohol, drugs, or kids that may be engaging in a relationship or questionable sexual activities.

Target Language: Problem almost on all language. Please see screenshots.

Google Translate always gives a better result.
I guess you are not using Google Translate in your back end.

Thanks.

August 5, 2019 at 11:37 am #4340115

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for the information that you shared.

We are indeed not using Google Translate in our code.

I will share this with my colleagues but please don't forget to also add this in the feature request.

Can you also please mark this ticket as resolved, too?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Mihai