This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: What is the easiest way to add another MailChimp feed for each language version?

Solution: You need to add in each language version the correct subscription list ID/shortcode.

If the form is attached to a widget, you can also create a separate widget for each language.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kristyJ 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 8:43 am #4636913

kristyJ

Hi,

I've set up a multilingual website (Dutch - English) and have a newsletter form created with Gravity Forms and the Mailchimp addon. Now for the English version, I'd like to set a different MailChimp feed, so that the English subscribers will be added to the English subscription list instead of the Dutch one.

I've already translated the newsletter form.
I know I could manually change everything (by creating a new english form and applying this in the English version of the website), but if there's an easier fix, I'd like to apply that one. 🙂

Thanks!

September 25, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4641085

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Kristy,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Yes, the way you described with two forms is the correct way. You only need to add in each language version the correct subscription list ID/shortcode.

If the form is attached to a widget, you can also create a separate widget for each language. More Information you will find here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Best Marcel

September 26, 2019 at 7:04 am #4643803

kristyJ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!