This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by arjanB-2 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 11:28 am #2824370

arjanB-2

I am trying to:
I use mailchimp for wp (NOT the prof version). I need it to create my newsletter.
I translated using String Translator the names of the fields that I used in my newsletter (as form of mailchimp for wp plugin)
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link
I expected to see:
What I expect is to see the newsletter in the 2 different languages I set in my webpage

Instead, I got:
The Newsletter appear in english for the dutch version

October 18, 2018 at 2:25 pm #2828323

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Are you following the steps in our documentation to translate the form? You can see the link here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/

Please, note that translating the "MailChimp" fields is a bit different than just translating this into String Translation.

If you are not following our documentation, please follow our documentation step by step to submit the form to translation and then translate it using Translation Editor.

After following these steps, please let me know if you were able to translate the form.

Thank you.

October 18, 2018 at 8:05 pm #2829474

arjanB-2

Hello Bruno, thanks for the answer. I tried to follow the instructions, my trouble was that in Translation Management, selecting Sign Up Form, I cannot see my Newsletter form, I cannot see any form. I insist that I do not have the Pro version of the Mailchimp. Any other idea? Thank you!!

October 19, 2018 at 1:18 am #2829893

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for testing this. These steps should be followed even for the free version of "MailChimp for WP".

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 19, 2018 at 9:30 am #2831408

arjanB-2

Hello Bruno!! I found what was the problem, why I couldn't see any sign up form in the Translating Management: it was because the language was blocked on english, because there were some tasks sent to the basket. And my sign up form was in dutch. For this reason I couldn't see the form. Once i clear the basket, I could change the language and I could see my form. And I could translate it! Thanks for your support!! WPML has a great support!! 🙂

October 20, 2018 at 1:01 am #2833243

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Glad to hear that it now works. Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 22, 2018 at 7:38 am #2836983

arjanB-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!