This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 4, 2019 at 4:43 pm #3740781

patrickH-49

I am trying to translate the mailchimp form of my website from french to english
I followed step by step the instructions of this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/
The sign-up form is marked 100% completed in the Advanced Translation Editor and is displayed in the WPML>translation. But when I switch to english the form remains in french
Here is a link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
Thanks per advance for help

May 5, 2019 at 5:59 pm #3743601

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Could you please confirm that the section that I show in the screenshot is where you have the problem with the Mailchimp form?
Please see the attached screenshot.

Please try the following suggestions and check if it solves the problem.

1. I can see that the 'MailChimp for WordPress' plugin is updated to its latest version on your site. Please update it to its most recent version currently 4.5.1.

2. WordPress itself is not updated on your site to its latest version. Please update WordPress to its latest version as well.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

3. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server is running an older version of MySQL and also your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform those procedures and see if they help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 9, 2019 at 4:46 am #3773071

patrickH-49

Hi Itamar,
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, the section of the screenshot is where I have the problem with the Mailchimp form. I followed your instructions. I've updated the 'MailChimp for WordPress' plugin and WordPress. I've set WP Memory Limit to 256M and I'm trying to update the MySQL version of DB (it isn't done but I hope I'll be able to do it with the help of hosting company). But, at this step the problem isn't solved.
Thanks again,
Patrick

May 12, 2019 at 6:51 am #3792487

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Patrick and thanks for following my suggestions.

I suspect that you are having this issue because you use Elementor's form and integrate it with MailChimp in the process that is described on Elementor's documentation here.
hidden link
Is this correct?

If so then that might be the reason that the translations are not showing. In another forum ticket with a somewhat similar issue, there is a possible solution. Please see it here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/mailchimp-elementor-pro/#post-2988511
If it is possible for you, please follow the instructions given by Shekhar, my teammate, and see if it helps in your case as well.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Or you can embed the Mailchimp form without Elementor if it is possible for you.

I hope that this process will help you solve this problem. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Otherwise, please let me know the exact steps on how you are embedding the MailChimp form in your page.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 15, 2019 at 5:43 am #3812359

patrickH-49

Hi Itamar,
Thanks a lot for your answer. My pages are builded with Elementor but the form is not embedded like shown on the video of your link. As you can see on the screenshot, the form is not edited on the elementor page. There is a link to the Mailchimp for WordPress plugin where I can modify the form (screenshot n°2). I tried to integrate the mailchimp form via the shortcode widget but it's not working too.
Cheers,
Patrick

May 15, 2019 at 7:13 pm #3819803

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Patrick.

I understand that you are not following the instruction of Elementor on how to use it with the MailChimp form. But still, you are inserting the MailChimp form through Elementor. The footer.png screenshot that you have attached shows that. I've set up a test site to check this issue, and I think that I follow the same steps that you are taking to integrate the MailChimp form (which are wrong steps), and I also don't see the translation. Nevertheless, I do see it if I follow the correct steps. You can see it on this page here.
hidden link
The upper form is translated, and the lower form is not translated because I followed your steps. Please check things yourself on my test site. And see you can replicate the problem and then tell me exactly what are the steps that you are taking.

You can access my test site through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)

Regards,
Itamar.

May 15, 2019 at 7:24 pm #3819865

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Patrick.

I understand that you are not following the instruction of Elementor on how to use it with the MailChimp form. But still, you are inserting the MailChimp form through Elementor. The footer.png screenshot that you have attached shows that. I've set up a test site to check this issue, and I think that I follow the same steps that you are taking to integrate the MailChimp form (which are wrong steps), and I also don't see the translation. Nevertheless, I do see it if I follow the correct steps. You can see it on this page here.
hidden link
The upper form is translated, and the lower form is not translated because I followed your steps. Please check things yourself on my test site. And see you can replicate the problem and then tell me exactly what are the steps that you are taking.

You can access my test site through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)

Regards,
Itamar.

May 17, 2019 at 5:47 pm #3836343

patrickH-49

Thank you very much Itamar. Indeed, it works with the right procedure. I tested it on your site. Unfortunately, I do not have the Pro version of Elementor and so I do not have the Forms Edit Block. Anyway, thank you again
Regards,
Patrick

May 20, 2019 at 9:55 am #3845831

Itamar
Supporter

You are welcome, Patrick.

Please let me know if you need any further help with this issue. Or mark this ticket as resolved.

Best Regards,
Itamar.