This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 10:18 am #3805701

janneA-4

I am translating the newsletter signup form.
Original (German): hidden link
Translated to English: hidden link

I used the instructions on https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/ to translate the text, but I can't find out where I go to change the link to the English data protection page in the English translation?

And when you try to sign up on the English page, you get an error saying "Please select at least one list." I am not using any lists, and this error does not occur in the German version.

I expect the form to send the user on to the "Almost there ..." page, but I also haven't found a place to state the URL of that page. Will it automatically pick the translated version of the German page?

Thanks!

May 14, 2019 at 10:50 am #3806119

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

but I can't find out where I go to change the link to the English data protection page in the English translation?

Can you tell me if this field is visible when you try translating it?

If not, can you try this and let me know if it works for you (do this and try translating these URLs):
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/using-mc4wp-pro-form-translation-page-shows-fields/#post-1504886

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 14, 2019 at 12:00 pm #3806547

janneA-4

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! The field with the link (=checkbox "Yes, I accept the ...") is visible in the translation list, and the link is marked green, but is there a way to change the link there? I only found out how to change the text.

I was able to do it the other way which you suggested, so the link is now correct.

Now I am wondering where I can translate the hints; if I don't enter an email address it says "Erforderliches Feld" (= required field), and if I don't tick the checkbox (or just hover over it) there is a hint in German saying that I need to tick the box. These German phrases are not in the Mailchimp messages tab (in fact, those messages are all in English already).

And after the form is sent, it only displays a message at the bottom of the page, it doesn't redirect me to hidden link. The email I get is in German and has the link to the German "Thank you" page in it. Is there a way to have all of this in English too?

May 14, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3806753

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

(in fact, those messages are all in English already).

Where are those messages then, are they coming directly from the plugin code perhaps, or are they rendered by the MC external JavaScript? You can try installing this plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/string-locator/

And the searching for those strings to see if they show up in the plugin files somewhere - if we find them, we can check if they are translatable indeed.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Mailchimp form: Translate link to data protection, and functionality issue’ is closed to new replies.