This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 5:50 pm

butterandflyB

I want to translate the form created from MailChimp on the footer of my page, but for some reason, I'm not able to do it.

I followed steps from https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/ guide, unfortunately without success.

The form is displaying only in English in every language (english, portuguese)
How can I fix the form? Many thanks

July 4, 2019 at 12:50 am #4139379

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and could confirm the issue. Please, try the alternative method below and let me know if it works:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Mailchimp for WP click to edit your newsletter form.

2 - Using the top admin bar language switcher change to the portuguese language and make your direct editings right in the form editing screen, save it and test your website again.

You can learn more about this approach at: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/

Please, let me know the results. Have a nice day.

July 4, 2019 at 8:54 am #4141417

butterandflyB

Hi Marcos, how are you?
I've followed the steps you told me, but unfortunately, that didn't resolve the issue.
When I change the top admin bar language switcher to portuguese, and I purge the cache to see how it is working, it changes the English form to Portuguese as well. And If I change on the top adm to english and change to english, it changes in the portuguese to english. Not sure how to better explain.

July 4, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4144113

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I've made a minor test editing your MailChimp form in the portuguese language instead of translating it using the WPML Translation Manager and it works, here are the steps I followed:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Mailchimp for WP > Form I clicked to edit the form in the portuguese language, I changed it from 'First Name' to 'Nome' (see attached screenshot) and it works properly in your website frontend as you can confirm at: hidden link

2 - You can repeat the same approach to translate your button label, in this case you can edit the 'value' attribute of your button.

3 - You can also translate the messages texts from the 'Message' tab of the MailChimp for WP form editing screen.

Please, let me know if you still need any additional clarifications and details. I am happy and ready to help. Have a nice day.

July 8, 2019 at 10:47 am #4161371

butterandflyB

Hi Marcos,
I've followed the steps you showed, but still the same issue.
When it changes the form to POrtuguese. After I purge the cache. The changes happens in english as well, and the english form becomes portuguese (nome).

July 9, 2019 at 11:12 pm
July 9, 2019 at 11:13 pm #4174763

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks.

July 17, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4231227

butterandflyB

Hi Marco. Sorry for only replying now. I've been quite busy lately.
Anyway, I've followed the steps that you asked me to do and I guess very soon I'll receive a message from them tha the migration is complete.
I will let you know as soon as I get it.
Thanks for your help

July 17, 2019 at 2:51 pm #4231413

butterandflyB

Hi Marco, It seems that the migration has completed 🙂

July 19, 2019 at 12:15 am #4242635

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I performed a detailed test using the migrated copy and still the issue persists, for some reason the editing for a MailChimp in one language is replicated to all the languages. I am gonna recreate a website from scratch using a clean sandbox environment and proceed with some more tests before giving you a detailed reply, I would need some extra hours to be done with this additional investigation. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

July 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm #4248031

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for a reply. I tried another detailed an extensive test using the migrated copy and also using a clean sandbox installation, while it worked for the clean sandbox installation the issue persists for the migrated copy, this is why I need to forward this ticket to our second level support. I will update you here as soon as I get some more details from them, thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

July 24, 2019 at 2:51 pm #4275855

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

I am jumping here to let you know I am still waiting for a detailed answer from our second level support. I will update you here as soon as I get these details. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Have a nice day.

July 31, 2019 at 8:56 am #4313073

butterandflyB

Obrigado Marcos! I'll be away for a few days, but I hope the team can resolve the issue.
Many thanks!

July 31, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4314673

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I got some more details from our second level support and here is what we noticed:

1 - You are not using our official bridge plugin to integrate WPML + MailChimp for WP as required at: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/, instead you were using another third party plugin for this task.

2 - When installing it in our test environent it worked fine as you can notice at: hidden link and hidden link

3 - In your particular case even installing it, unfortunately it still doesn't work for you, I see your MailChimp form has the same ID for all the languages while in our test environment this form has different IDs for the different languages.

4 - In our test server I kept only the WPML related, Mailchimp for WordPress and MailChimp for WordPress Multilingual for test purposes, I would ask you to make the same in your website as possible issue resolution, once the form works you can activate your plugins back one by one.

5 - If it doesn't work, then we should to take another detailed look in your database tables in order to make a reset of your MailChimp and start the form creation and translation from scratch.

Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.

August 2, 2019 at 6:12 pm #4332111

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience while waiting for a solutioin. I took another detailed look in your website and could make your form to work on different languages. You should now able to translate it manually in your WordPress Dashboard > Mailchimp > Forms or in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > WPML Translation Management. Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.