Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewS-46 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
November 27, 2019 at 6:23 pm #5031821

andrewS-46

Hi there
I can see 'Subscribe to our Newsletter' as a string to be translated in String Translation but under WooCommerce - Audience Settings - Optional Settings they have changed this to
'please tick to receive further updates about the conference'. So wondering where (admin settings?) I need to rescan for me to be able to pick up this amended string and translate it. Tried the mailchimp - woocommerce plugin itself and rescanned so somewhere else.

Something worth noting perhaps, I had a similar issue re: additional text on an email (now closed as they are using mailchimp integration) - no matter what I scanned I was not seeing the additional strings in String Translation...this may be similar or a different issue altogether.
many thanks
andy

November 29, 2019 at 1:45 am #5040047

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Andy,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. If you have entered your text as a value for your WooCommerce option, then chances are you will be only able to find it in the 'Translate texts in admin screens' String Translation section, please, follow the instructions found at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/ in order to learn more on how to translated content entered in theme/plugin options, then let me know if it helps or if you need any additional assistance and clarifications. Have a nice day.

December 2, 2019 at 11:05 am #5052455

andrewS-46

Actualy I did this but no joy (see previous tickets)..but its live now and no one has complained so Im going to leave it, maybe a conflict...many thanks