This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|May 30, 2019 at 9:04 pm #3926221|
I am trying to: Translate the content appearing on a standard page (no page builder used on this page).
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
I expected to see: The Title, content and button translation... during edit.
Instead, I got: No standard WP "content" field in which to make the translation.
|May 31, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3930787|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)
Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will be happy to help you with this.
❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌
1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:
/* WP Memory Limit */ define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
Paste it just before:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.
Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.
2. If that doesn't solve the issue, can you please try this:
- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons
If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:
- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated
3. If that doesn't solve it still, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.
The private box looks like this: hidden link
I will be waiting for your response.
Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.