This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm #3647901

fabriceT-2

Hi there,
My main site is in português and i have translated in french and had english activated but it wasn´t tranlated.
As i installed the language switcher i went to configuration and i have unchecked the english language.
Then i got portuguese option disabled and it enabled the portuguese from portugal flag.
My site got broken. Can you help?

April 19, 2019 at 6:20 pm #3647959

fabriceT-2

I have now uninstalled WPML plugins to test and reactivated them and i got my site broken. layout changed. I need to understand what happened.
I am chatting with our server providers to activate a backup.
I hope it will work and i will be able to get back to what it was.

April 20, 2019 at 2:51 am #3648997

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. To make this option enabled again, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Site Languages
- Click on the "Change default language" button
- Select another language to be the default language
- Now the desired language should be available to select. Select it
- Select the Portuguese (Brazil) again and click on the Save button
- Click on the "Change default language" button
- Change again to the desired language

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

April 21, 2019 at 5:21 am #3651691

fabriceT-2

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for you answer.
I had to reset my website to a previous backup.

Fortunately everything got back to normal.
However i still have a problem with the english language. Some pages are redirected to the portuguese pages.

Please, see the pages of the languages and if you click on one of them, for example "arabic", the link should be: hidden link
but it goes to:
hidden link
which is the portuguese version.

Please advice.
Thank you,

April 22, 2019 at 7:40 pm #3658063

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

I noticed you are using a "Quick Page / Post Redirect Plugin" plugin. Have you tried disabling this plugin to see if the redirect persists?

If the problem persists, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Main language got disabled’ is closed to new replies.