This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 3:03 pm

brianK-8

I am trying to: Solve the problem why the layout on the main (Dutch) site has some elements missing which are shown on the German and English product category pages.
I've looked at the Custom CSS code and nothing off is in there. This problem is resolved when I deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS plugin.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link --> This page doesn't show the "details" or "Add to cart" option. Nor does it show the labels like "Out of stock"

I expected to see: hidden link --> Layout like this

October 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm #2788452

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please go to your theme options and make sure the settings are the same for both languages. You can use the admin language switcher at the top of your dashboard to look at the different settings.

If the settings are the same, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentySeventeen. With these settings, do the product category page layouts look the same in both languages?

October 5, 2018 at 8:26 am #2789857

brianK-8

Hi,
The problem has been solved.

Another question is. When I add products in language A to the cart. Then switch the site to language B the products remain in the A language. Can this be resolved?

October 5, 2018 at 1:48 pm #2790975

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Have you translated the products to your secondary language? Please go to WPML -> Languages and scroll down to the Language Filtering for Ajax section. Check the box to enable "Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX". Does this setting change anything?

If it does not, please open a new ticket for this specific issue so we can further troubleshoot it. Since the original issue is resolved, this will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum as well as we avoid mixing lots of questions in one ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.