If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 8, 2019 at 3:04 pm #3293442

leonB-2

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to use WPML on hidden link one step at a time.

Although I have set the site to 'Dutch', the dashboard is in Dutch, the page has <html lang="nl-NL" .. in the code, still the headings in the main menu like 'SEARCH', 'CATEGORIES' and 'PAGES' are in English. Strangely, in the search field, the word 'Zoeken…' in grey is visible, which is Dutch.

How do I change these? Also: Why are they in English in the first place? Because I'd like to really understand how this works.

March 8, 2019 at 6:15 pm #3294932

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Your website has a sidebar with some widgets, in this case the widgets titles are not translated this is why while the content is in dutch your widgets shows an english title, please, make sure your widgets are fully translated as well, you can follow these steps:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Strings Translation search for the sidebar widgets using the 'Widgets' text domain.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

2 - Now click to translate the widgets titles and check their translation as complete in order to show them in the frontend of your website.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Please, let me know if you need any additional detail. Have a nice day.