This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Main menu Language Switcher isn't showing with the Lodestar theme

Solution:

I had to change the menu from the theme settings.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by toniT-4 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4363859

toniT-4

I am trying to: display the main menu language switcher

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: In all of our pages. hidden link & hidden link

I expected to see: A language switcher in the menu next to "HOME", "MEMBERS" or "INFO@ACADEMYOFBRAIN.COM"

Instead, I got: nothing is displaying, only the footer language switcher

August 8, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4364101

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please make sure you have added language switcher in your site menu from WPML >> Languages > Menu Language Switcher by following below doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

August 13, 2019 at 9:00 am #4386281

toniT-4

Hi,

Thanks for your response! I have added the language switcher and checked that everything is right multiple times, but the issue still won't go away. I have also reset all of the WPML Languages settings, but that didn't help either.

A few months ago, when I uploaded the WPML plugin, the menu language switcher was showing. We haven't changed the theme afterward, but is it possible this is due to an update?

If I were to change the theme now to see whether we can see the language switcher, will I be able to just return to my old theme? Or do I have to build the sites again?

If the issue is caused by the theme, how should I solve the problem, as we do not wish to change the theme?

Would it help if I gave you access to our website, perhaps you could see where the issue is?

Best regards

August 13, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4389279

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Noman is not available today so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

Currently, when I check your site, I can see the Language Switcher in the menu of the site on both the languages. Please see the attached screenshots.
Have you fixed this issue already?

Regards,
Itamar.

August 14, 2019 at 6:18 am #4392605

toniT-4

Hi! Sorry, forgot to send a message yesterday that I found the solution. I had to change the menu from the theme settings, but now it is fixed! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!