This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
October 13, 2015 at 8:15 am #723449

Gustaw

Do you know some plugins into maintenance mode WPML operating configuration for the two domains?
I tested these plugins, but do not work well for the other domain.
-"YITH Maintenance Mode" (This plugin is on the list of plugins compatible with WPML https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/)
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/yith-maintenance-mode
-"WP Maintenance Mode"
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/

The plugin works well with WPML, but if WPML is configured with two different domains directing to language versions are being logged have access to the page under the main domain, and under the domain of a second language is maintence mode.

WPML is configured into two domains.
Both domains point to the same WordPress installation directory
English: hidden link -> /public_html/directory_with_WP
German: hidden link -> /public_html/directory_with_WP

Logged administrator has access to the look of the page hidden link.
At hidden link sees maintence mode

October 14, 2015 at 12:14 pm #724704

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

We have tested YITH Maintenance Mode plugin only, which is in our compatibility list.

It seems something has been changed and it gives incorrect behavior when WPML is configured with two different domains. I was able to replicate the issue and already reported this issue to our compatibility team. They will contact the plugin author and work with him on this.

Compatibility issues could take awhile depending on the back and forth communication with the plugin author.

You will be notified the moment we have any results on this.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

November 4, 2015 at 12:38 pm #739348

Gustaw

Is there anything new in the ticket?

November 16, 2015 at 1:31 pm #747081

Andrey
Supporter

Unfortunately, no news here. I forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author.

We need to contact the plugin author and work with him on resolving the issue.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Thank you for your understanding.

February 5, 2016 at 10:34 am #805726

Andrey
Supporter

We've got a response from the plugin's author. The author has informed us that he'll fix the issue within the next plugin release.

February 20, 2016 at 9:03 am #819007

Gustaw

In version 1.3.1 error occurs. When the plug will be updated I will verify plugin and I will put here the information.

February 22, 2016 at 7:48 am #819576

Andrey
Supporter

Thank you for the information! You may want to check with the plugin's author when the new version with the fix planned to be released.

March 8, 2016 at 7:08 am #832349

Gustaw

It's been five months since the bug report. I wrote to the author of the plug, but without response. Can you try to contact him.

March 8, 2016 at 8:07 am #832390

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and sorry for any inconviences.

This is Ahmed Ibrahim from second tier support. Andrey is off today, so I have send your message to our compatibility team, and I will update you soon I get thier reply.

Best Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Maintenance mode for two domains WPML?’ is closed to new replies.