Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 20, 2021 at 11:41 pm #9240441

אליאסף פרץ

I'm trying to make 3 languages on the site,
1. Language in Hebrew
2. English language
3. And again a language in Hebrew but that it will be replicated and in it I will change only the pictures of the products but everything should be the same and also rtl

I have already tried to insert a custom language but I have no option to choose Hebrew again it writes me that it already exists

July 22, 2021 at 10:36 am #9251839

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Yes, what you are saying is correct - you can't have 2 languages that are using the same language code ("he" for hebrew in our case).

If you want to use multiple RTL languages, you would need to use different language codes like 'ar' (arabic), 'he' (hebre), 'fa' (iran), 'ur' (urdi).

It would also confuse Google in regards to the SEO and the languages if you would have two languages using the same language code as the crawling bot won't know which one to focus one.

My recommendation is to either use only one RTL language or multiple but with different language codes.

I hope that you will find the answers above helpful 🙂

Mihai

July 22, 2021 at 10:41 am #9251879

אליאסף פרץ

but this make my site in arabic for exmple how i can use ar and all site still will be in he?

July 22, 2021 at 10:56 am #9252001

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

That is true - you would need to manually translate everything into HE if you want to use a different RTL language and it can get pretty messy, especially when you need to overwrite WordPress-default strings.

The best thing would be to use just one RTL language, if you don't want to have to spend a lot of time having to change all the AR words.

July 22, 2021 at 11:08 am #9252185

אליאסף פרץ

dont have i way make same languge and just change area code to what i want?

July 22, 2021 at 11:55 am #9252429

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

You can definitely create a new custom language (as shown here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/editing-wpmls-languages-table/) but in order to help you on the SEO side and in order for WPML and WordPress to figure out that it is an RTL language, you should use a language code that's related to an RTL language ("ar" for example).

Those are the limits that we are looking at with this thing that you are trying to accomplish.