Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidS-138 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 28, 2017 at 4:21 am #1385623

davidS-138

I am trying to make the language switcher the last item in the menu. However, I'm also using the WooCommerce Menu Cart plugin and their cart item is showing up as the last menu.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: siteyard.net

I expected to see: language switcher as last item

Instead, I got: language switcher is next to last item

September 28, 2017 at 10:36 am #1386047

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To achieve this we have 2 options:

1. We can remove the language switcher by disabling interface option in the WPML.
And then add the language switcher using shortcode and with some php code into the menu at very last position.

2. Move it to the right with custom css.

Please let me know which way you would prefer for this. And also I need temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can do this in the site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site -- only if needed. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

September 28, 2017 at 6:04 pm #1386620

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You can use any of these shortcodes:
wpml_add_language_selector
wpml_footer_language_selector

This doc explains more details about this - Displaying WPML’s language switchers in custom locations:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

Thanks

September 28, 2017 at 7:36 pm #1386672

davidS-138

I got it working, thanks!