This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Tell us what you are trying to do? Make a mobile menu with use of plugin WP Mobile . It synchronized for second language in some way, but don't know how, but colors are different on Polish version.

Solution: Disabling the WP Fastest Cache plugin makes the style of the mobile menu work fine.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rafalP-12 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 9:36 pm #4564377

rafalP-12

Tell us what you are trying to do?
> Make a mobile menu with use of plugin WP Mobile Menu (https://wordpress.org/plugins/mobile-menu/). It synchronized for second language in some way, but don't know how, but colors are different on polish version. On English version is ok. After moving website to development enviroment colors on polish version are ok. Dev enviroment: rafalpiwinski.pl / rafv.pl

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

What is the link to your site?
coolcoins.net / fajnemonety.pl

September 13, 2019 at 9:28 am #4566985

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Rafal,

I checked this out and I could see that the following CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1099px)
.mobmenu-left-panel {
    background-color: #0288d1;
    width: 270px;
}

is the one that's adding the background color (as I can see, this is the issue between the two languages). The CSS is coming from a minified file. In this case, could you try to stop all the minifying options, clear the cache, and see if the background color is back to normal on the Polish language, please? The CSS is just not applied to this language but the minifying option might be the reasons for this.

Thanks,
Radu

September 13, 2019 at 2:46 pm #4569655

rafalP-12

Hi,

While I disabled WP Fastest Cache plugin it works, good, I tried to uncheck all option there available and then turning it on, but still this issue, so I will write to support of this plugin then, because only after disabling it, it works good.
Just could you tell me how WPML manages to duplicate the menu from the plugin and makes it on other language? In WP Menu Sync there is not this menu visible because it is added with plugin, but WPML in some way manages to show it on Polish language. If you need access to development website just tell me.

Regards,
Rafal

September 16, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4580871

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Rafal,

I'm glad to hear that the styling issue is fixed now (except for the little part about the caching).

Regarding the menu, I installed this plugin on my side and I could see that it just simply adds two more menu locations. In this case, you can easily edit the menu used by this plugin going to Dashboard → Appearance → Menus and editing the menu that's used for the Left Mobile Menu location. Just simply edit the original menu or the translation of it. Can you check this out and tell me if you manage to edit the menu this way, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 16, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4582795

rafalP-12

Hi,

Yes now I understand the functioning of this menu plugin with connection with WPML.

Thank you very much Radu.

Regards,
Rafal