This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paul 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3942263

Paul

On this site we have 3 languages enabled in WPML, english, dutch and german. The default language is set to english but as of now we are not using this. We just need it so the URL's will add /nl or /de depending on selected language.

We want visitors and logged in(customers) users of our site to use the selected front end language and have it also as the backend language. is this possible?

We asked this because we have a plugin that generates a PDF invoice of woocommerce orders. The invoice that is automatically generated is english. but if we manually regenerate using an account with dutch language it generates an invoice with dutch. Same case for german language.

June 3, 2019 at 6:08 pm #3945243

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

The Dashboard language is set in the Users profile. The default value will be *Site Default*. But User can select his prefered language. Please check the attached images and the following documentation.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/setting-the-wordpress-administration-language/

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 4, 2019 at 8:11 am #3949029

Paul

Hi Bigul,

Thank you we understand users can set their language.

But the issue is that there are people that order products without making a user account and they have the wrong language and even with people that make an account as first time their account should be set into the front end language in order to get the correct language invoice from the system.

I hope this is more clear now and i also added the debug information.

Thanks,

Paul

June 4, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3953095

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the updates. Just to make sure the requirement will be the following, am I right?

When a user purchase product from *Dutch* language you want to set his profile language as *Dutch* and if it is from *German*, then the profile language will be *German*.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 4, 2019 at 3:15 pm #3953193

Paul

Hi Bigul,

Yes that is correct.

And that will be for new customers that signup for an account but also for new customers that just buy and do not want a user account.

Thanks,

Paul

June 5, 2019 at 1:22 pm #3960803

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the feedback. I am checking about this requirement with our team. WPML or WooCommerce Multilingual doesn't have a feature to set User Profile language automatically. Because it is a WordPress core functionality.

I am sorry to inform you that, unfortunately, it seems that for now, you need custom programming work to achieve this requirement which is beyond the scope of our support. So at this point, I would like to suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/ for this requirement.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 8, 2019 at 11:12 am #4161691
Paul

Hi Bigul,

I talked on WCEU to Amit Kvint and he forwarded this issue to your developers.

I am still waiting for feedback can you check with them.

Thanks,

Paul

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-make-the-site-backend-language-same-as-selected-language-of-the-front-end/