No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 10:55 am #3756675

Ann Campbell

Translation was already in the "complete status" English to Spanish". The divibuilder was opened in wordpress, a style change made to the last line on the page (from centered to left justified, and the page was re-saved.

In WPML, the page was listed as "needs updates". One of the translations in the middle of the page was completely missing. This was in an area where no changes had been made to the English.

Since I have a translator working directly in the WPML with on other copy of the translation, I do not know how to handle this problem.

Is a solution or how to prevent this problem from occurring? We constantly modify small things in the English file for styling reasons, that should not be deleting text.

May 7, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3758045

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Ann,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

Indeed, you shouldn't lost any translation during this process. However, if the way that your theme/plugin added that change (i.e: it added some HTML directly on the content), this situation may arrive as WPML can't tell if the change was content or just HTML.

However, this forum is intended for how to questions. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development, So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.

Best regards,
Andrés