Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kataK 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 28, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4840751

kataK

Hi,

This is a high severity issue

I am trying to: Use multicurrency with manual set price

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: --removed by supporter--

I expected to see: Correct normal price in primary language (HU) and manual set price in english.

Instead, I got: Normal (default) currency is HUF, Manual currency is EUR.
At the weekend on 4 products the default (HUF) price on the frontend switched to the manual currency (EUR) value. You can see on the screenshots:
--removed by supporter--

- This is a LIVE SITE. Please be very careful!
- This "accidental discount" caused more than 2000EUR mischief for our client
- It happened automatically.
- Just 4 products have been affected (eg.: --removed by supporter--)

How I fixed that: I tried to flush the W3TC cache and the WPML cache without success. The solution was that I had to set the normal (default) price to an other value.

We are very afraid that It will happen again. Please help me make certain that it will not happen again and find the source of this problem.

We have previous backups or backups at the malefunctional state if you need.

--removed by supporter--

October 28, 2019 at 2:46 pm #4840907

kataK

Now I update the WPML to the latest version.
Just for the record the previous versions was:
WPML Multilingual CMS: 4.2.9
WPML String Translation: 2.10.7
WPML Translation Management: 2.8.8

October 29, 2019 at 5:45 pm #4850799

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

First, I need to let you know that this forum is public, so for the sake of your site's security, please refrain in the future to post sensitive data on a public reply.
If access is required to your site, then we enable a private message that only you and our support team can see. Otherwise, we are not allowed to access your site. For now, I've removed the confidential information from above. Please change this sensitive login details also on your site.

Do you have the possibility to set up a staging site on your server with the backups at the malfunction state so we can continue to debug the issue there without the risk of harming your live site?

If so, then please do that and share the access with me.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 31, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4867295

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've checked many things regarding this issue.
1. I've tried to replicate on my test site, but I couldn't.

2. I've updated all of WPML add-ons + WooCommerce + WordPress itself, but the issue persisted.

3. I've cleared the theme cache and also the W3TC plugin and deactivated it, but the problem persisted.

4. Then I deactivated WPML and its add-ons, and I can still see that the price on the products that you have shared with me is the same wrong price. Please see the attached screenshot.

From this, I can assume that WPML does not cause the problem.
I hope that you can agree with me on that?

October 31, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4867325

Itamar
Supporter

I suggest that you continue by checking if this issue is coming from another third party plugin.

November 4, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4881051

kataK

Thank you. I will continue the debug process with checking the third parties.

However it would be a great help that you could describe the working of manual prices technically.

Kind regards,
Denes

November 6, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4899897

kataK

Hi,

I've done the further investigations. I need to reopen this issue.

All plugins (other than woocommerce and wpml's) are disabled. WP default theme active.

Here's how you can reproduce the issue.
In incognito use the site english version (/en) and buy some products. On the checkout use the PayPal payment type (I've set the sandbox mode).

Now check the selected products now.

November 6, 2019 at 7:25 pm #4901269

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Regarding your request, I'm reopening this ticket.

Once a ticket was is marked as resolved our system deletes the access details. Therefore, I need you to share them with us again, please. For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 17, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4960375

kataK

This issue unfortunately is not resolved.
I'd like to open a new topic. I need to remove this one. Please let me delete it.

November 17, 2019 at 4:21 pm #4960535

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I don't understand. Why do you need to remove this ticket?
Do you want me to reopen this ticket?

November 18, 2019 at 10:50 am #4964369

kataK

Hi,

I need to delete it for policy purposes. It contains sensitive information.
I count on your kind understanding.

I'd like to open a new ticket about that. It will contain all necessary information for the other users about this issue.

November 18, 2019 at 3:42 pm #4966483

kataK

The new topic is now:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wrong-price-after-using-multicurrency-on-checkout/

November 20, 2019 at 9:54 am #4978327

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I cannot delete a ticket. For your information, external links (outside wpml.org) in any of our forum tickets can only be seen by the user who opened the ticket and our supporters. In any case, I've removed all the links that you have attached and also the screenshots.

I hope that now it is ok.

Regards,
Itamar.

November 20, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4979825

kataK

Hi,

Thanks Itamar It will be fine.
Should I move the new topic's content here or could we discuss the followup there?