This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.51 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mehrdadE 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 8:09 pm #4358029

mehrdadE

I am trying to:
Instead of synchronizing the two different language menus (Fr and EN), I opted for the manual method shown at the beginning of your video here: hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
French Menu can be seen here: hidden link
English Menu can be seen here

The screenshots below show the English menu (English Main Nav) and French menu (French 2019 Menu) in the backend. However when you check the live site, you notice that the French menu is different from the custom one created.

August 7, 2019 at 10:14 pm #4358465

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support!

WPML automatically changes the menu based on current language. Based on your screenshot it appears like everything is set correctly. In order to make sure it is not a theme issue, please switch to a default theme like TwentyNineteen temporarily and see if the menu works.

If it doesn't work, please provide me your WordPress login details. I've marked your next reply as private.

August 8, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4362859

mehrdadE

And yes, when I switched the theme to Twenty Nineteen, the menu correctly displayed as I wanted.

August 8, 2019 at 12:36 pm #4362937

mehrdadE

Update:

Whenever I deactivate Max Mega Menu(hidden link) that I use for the styling of the menu, then the correct menu is displayed. It would be ideal if there is a solution that does not involve me removing Max Mega Menu entirely.

August 8, 2019 at 1:03 pm #4363125

mehrdadE

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!