This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I'm trying to translate everything on my site and I do have all your plugins activated and configured (under my opinion) but when I translate a page I do not know how to do it. I want to copy the full page with its custom fields and everything, same for home page, and when I translate all the layouts change, some custom fields don't appear to be translated, and some don't even show.
Solution:
In order to be able to translate the text with icon and team blocks of the Houzez team, you need to copy the following config to WPML → Settings → XML Configuratio tab:

<wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
<shortcode>
         <tag>text_with_icon</tag>
         <attributes>
            <attribute>title</attribute>
            <attribute>text</attribute>
            <attribute>read_more_text</attribute>
            <attribute>read_more_link</attribute>
         </attributes>
</shortcode>
<shortcode>
         <tag>houzez-team</tag>
         <attributes>
            <attribute>team_name</attribute>
            <attribute>team_position</attribute>
            <attribute>team_description</attribute>
         </attributes>
</shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 9:22 am #4090823

pierrickR

Hello, I know this explanation can be very general but I'm new using WPML and I come from a different plugin that has a lot less options so I'm quite lost now. I have read all the documentation I found on here about the different plugins that come with the CMS package.

The thing is: I'm trying to translate everything on my site and I do have all your plugins activated and configured (under my opinion) but when I translate a page I do not know how to do it. I want to copy the full page with its custom fields and everything, same for home page, and when I translate all the layouts change, some custom fields don't appear to be translated, and some don't even show.

Im aware this is 90% my fault probably, so I kindly ask you for your support. I can provide all login details to my site if requested without any problem.

June 26, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4092545

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Pierrick,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Doesn't matter who's fault this is, the important part is to get your website back on track and make it look great in all the languages.
First of all, can you give me access to the dashboard area of your website so I can have a look at the settings and translation that you created so far, please? The next reply is private so you can safely send me the credentials.
As I can see, the Houzez theme was last tested with WPML about a year ago (https://wpml.org/theme/houzez/) and there are some known issues but we can have a look at your website and see how everything looks so far.

Thanks,
Radu

Thanks,
Radu

June 27, 2019 at 8:42 am #4098031

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pierrick,

I just checked one of the pages that you translated hidden link and I could see that just the text from the bottom of the page is available for translation. The text with icons blocks or the team one are not recognised for translation. Is there any chance that you could send me a copy of the Houzez theme, please? This way I'll be able to check these two types of modules and see if I can make them be available for translation.

Thanks,
Radu

June 27, 2019 at 9:59 am #4098859

pierrickR

First of all, thanks a lot for investing your time to help me on this. I do appreciate it so much. I have no problem to send you a copy of my theme, just don't know how to do it. Can you do it with the login details I provided you or explain me how to do it myself? Thanks a lot.

Also, I did translate the Properties page I think and the For Sale and For rent pages in spanish as well. Can you check this too? I also translated some properties and taxonomies. Are they correctly translated? I don't mean the translation itself I mean the way of translating. Is that ok or is another procedure that is better to use?

Seriously Radu, you don't know how much I appreciate your help on this. I was almost going to switch back the plugin. Thanks again dude.

June 27, 2019 at 11:34 pm #4103195

pierrickR

Hello Radu, can you explain me how to send you a copy of my theme? thank you

June 28, 2019 at 6:38 am #4104787

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pierrick,

You can just upload the theme to Google Drive or Dropbox and give me the link I can use to download the archive. In the meantime, I'll have a look at the For Sale and For rent pages.

Thanks,
Radu

July 3, 2019 at 6:53 am #4132447

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pierrick,

Can you try to translate again the About Us page from English to Spanish and tell me how things work, please? Now there should be some more fields available, for both the text with icon and team blocks.

Thanks,
Radu

July 7, 2019 at 4:03 am #4157099

pierrickR

It works great, thank you!

July 8, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4162543

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pierrick,

I'm glad to hear that everything is working fine now!

I'll mark this ticket as resolved. Feel free to open a new ticket if there's anything else you need help with.

Regards,
Radu