This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Parts on my home page that was correctly translated in the past with WPML from French to English is no longer translated correctly (as an example : the footer

Solution: I suspect this was just an outdated cache memory stuck somewhere. This are the steps I followed: - WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting -> Applied the steps highlighted in the attached image.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 9:07 pm #4507293

normandA

Hello,

Parts on my home page that was correctly translated in the past with WPML from French to English is no longer translated correctly (as an example : the footer).

All of my strings are correctly translated, but they don't show anymore.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

nj-albert.com/en/

Can you see what is the problem ? I can provide you with my login info if you want to.

Thank you,

Benoit Laporte

September 3, 2019 at 10:59 pm #4507447

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Benoit,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The only part in the footer that I see in English is this one (please see attached image). Is this the issue you are referring to?

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 4, 2019 at 12:28 am #4507557

normandA

Could you please look again. I tried to delete the orignal footer and rebuild it, but it is still showing in French on the English site. Sorry for the confusion

Also the banners are no longer translate in English, as well as the News Title and the 4 icon texts on the top of the page. All of these texts were properly translated before.

Thank you for your help

Benoit Laporte

September 4, 2019 at 9:25 am #4509673

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Benoit,

Yes I can see the untranslated elements in the English version of the site. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

September 4, 2019 at 2:16 pm #4511915

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Benoit,

Could you describe the steps to edit the footer and the steps to edit the content of the frontpage?

Regards,
Carlos

September 4, 2019 at 9:00 pm #4514049

normandA

For the footer, you go to APPEARANCE -> WIDGET -> FOOTER COLUMN 1 for the first one. And then for WPML, you go to string translation and select WIDGETS and the French POUR NOUS JOINDRE, which is translated for TO REACH US.

For the 4 ICON MENU on the top, you go to THEME OPTION -> HOME LAYOUT -> HOME ICON MENU (almost at the bottom) and you will see the 4 ICON MENU. The first one being INTERNET HAUTE VITESSE.

If you return to WPML STRING TRANSLATION, you will find the translation under "admin_texts_virtue_premium" (see the attached image).

For the top banner, you go to KADENCE SLIDER, and the first banner in French is [kadence_slider_pro id="1"] and the same banner in English is [kadence_slider_pro id="2"].

If you then return to WPML STRING TRANSLATION, if you search "admin_texts_virtue_premium" you will find both slider translation (see second attached image).

I hope that is clear for you. Everything was working before, but something happens following an update.

Best regards,

Benoit Laporte

September 5, 2019 at 11:10 am #4518653

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Benoit,
Thank you very much for your message.

I applied some troubleshooting steps and the issue seems to disappeared now. Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4520237

normandA

Great work Carlos,

Could you please explain how you did it? I spent many hours trying to fix this strange problem. Please tell me each step of troubleshooting that you applied in case it happens again.

Thank you,

Benoit Laporte

September 5, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4520271

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Benoit,

I suspect this was just an outdated cache memory stuck somewhere. This are the steps I followed:
- WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting -> Applied the steps highlighted in the attached image.

Regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4520361

normandA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

September 9, 2019 at 9:08 am #4534999

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Benoit,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos