This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.29 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 11:42 am #2842118

oliverioN

[Since I was asked to submit a ticket per issue and the first problem was submitted a month ago and since then no solution was provided, and all the "obvious" answers of deactivating and activating plugins etc where already done, by me, by Ricardo (https://wpml.org/forums/users/ricardo-a/ ) and by me again, please don't waste your and my time asking for that. If this is a new ticket is just thanks as support team explicitly asked me to do so)

I am trying to:

Sync Menus (I fix all except for one...)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

See captures Problem 3 ...

I expected to see:

No errors

Instead, I got:

The errors showon in the capture problem 3 ... I follow the steps of string trasnaltion and in one of the menus (Problem 3, it seems ok) although everything looks ok, it keeps shoing the error; and in (Problem 3 , English should say Projects and spanish not sure) it's not possible to fix the english that should say Projects rather than Proyectos

ps./ I have no problem granting access to you, actually Ricardo (https://wpml.org/forums/users/ricardo-a/ ) has the credentials to access the site, and if you need just let me know and I send it to you, but I was unable to create the duplicate, feel free to do it yourself or make a copy on your servers, no problem with that

October 23, 2018 at 8:40 pm #2844063

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

For the English string that says "Proyectos", please select the checkbox next to that string and click "Change the language of this string" and change it to Spanish. Now, you will be able to add the correct English Translation. You may also need to update this on WPML -> Settings page where you add the translated slugs.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 24, 2018 at 3:40 pm #2847141

oliverioN

Lauren, thanks for your answer.
I did as you suggested and menus are looking good now.
Many thanks!

October 24, 2018 at 5:20 pm #2847373

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Excellent, thanks for letting me know that resolved the issue.