This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 7:57 pm #4094849

alexandraA-7

I am trying to: make my site faster

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A site loading fast, with WPML enabled

Instead, I got: Installed Query Monitor, and checking. One point it found are many duplicate DB queries run by WPML. Please see the attached screenshot. Is there any way to remove this LOCK queries?

Why is WPML using this ST_DB_CACHE.lock option/queries? Is this really needed in frontend or should this be done by cronjob only?

Because I cannot see any advantage for the visitors using the site, if WPML is messing with this during page load...

June 26, 2019 at 11:06 pm #4095319

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I would kindly like to ask you to provide a Duplicator package. Make sure it includes the "installer.php" and the "site_name.zip" or "site_name.dup" archive.

The package will need to include the site's content and the database.

Duplicator is free of use for backups up to 500MB and the package includes any content, themes, plugins and the database. If your site exceeds this limit there is a workaround.

In the first step of the Duplicator package creation process you are able to set filters for folders that will be excluded from the package building process.

You can simple add the filters for cache and uploads and it should bring your backup package to a minimal size.

More information here:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

User Guide here:
hidden link

In case of any issues please let me know. I can offer to create a package with Duplicator PRO in case you provide access to the site.

I have enabled the private box for your next reply. Please also make sure to add here the requested list of plugins and theme information and access details for our developers.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Many queries are running multiple times’ is closed to new replies.