This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 5:08 pm #4402559

saraG-3

I am trying to improve the performance of the website site. When i installed the Query monitor i found that total number of queries was 143 and number of queries running by WPML_Element_Translation->maybe_populate_cache was 99. So when i disabled WPML Plugin i found website was faster. Can you help me?

August 16, 2019 at 9:58 am #4405773

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

The function WPML_Element_Translation -> maybe_populate_cache helps with speeding things up usually by caching data that is not cached.

- When was the first time string translation plugin is installed?
- Can you please confirm whether the issue appears recently?
- Have you cleared any of the data associated with translations?

Once all the data are cached the queries should be returning back to normalcy, I would suggest observe the scenario for some more time and check if the issue still persists.

Please also let me know the loading time of your site when WPML is activated and deactivated.

Kind regards
Raja

August 18, 2019 at 11:11 am #4411975

saraG-3

Hello Raja,

Thank you for your fast reply.

- When was the first time string translation plugin is installed?
> I have installed and activated all transliteration plugin in the same time after i finished all functionality of website (Creating a custom theme).

- Can you please confirm whether the issue appears recently?
> I can't confirm that the issue appears recently. Because, I notice it when i check website performance after installed Query monitor Plugin

- Have you cleared any of the data associated with translations?
> No, I didn't

Loading time of my site when
WPML is activated was: 4.8s
WPML is deactivated was: 4.0s

Kind regards
Antonios hafez

August 19, 2019 at 7:39 am #4414113

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thanks for the clarification,

The loading time seems to be okay with WPML activated since WPML require some resource and hence take some additional loading time.

However there is some catch here, We don't recommend Query Monitor plugin to test performance issues. we discovered that Query Monitor plugin has some conflicts with WPML which impact the actual reporting so please do not use it anymore, you can use the Page load time Google extension hidden link

Let me know the results with the page load time plugin, I can share this with the performance team if required

Regards
Raja