This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 1:20 pm

agustinL-3

Many queries on home page, wpml string create 32q, but sitepress multisite cms creates 183 how to lower that to make the page faster

thank you

July 18, 2019 at 5:46 am #4235107

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> How to translate strings in themes and plugins? -> Don't use String Translation to translate themes and plugins

As for removing any queries, that is not possible because it is in the core of WPML plugin and they are needed to run the site. But if you're experiencing some issues with slow site ( I've checked the site, does not appear slow to me), let me give you some suggestions:

- Lower the weight of the page size in MB. Compress images (EWWW plugin), minimize their quantity.
- Try to check your site with faster internet connection.
- Deactivate all unneded plugins. Do not use monitoring plugins like a Query Monitor on production site.
- Try to implement object caching with Redis. This significantly improves performance on backend. It requires support on hosting or VPS and a plugin. Better use this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/redis-cache/ Some page caching plugins like a W3 Total Cache can provide object caching too. In this case, Redis Cache plugin is not needed.
- Try to use faster hosting or VPS server. Heavy sites require more resources.
- Try to use page cachning plugin like Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, or WP-Rocket.
- Do not use any kind of SSL-helping plugins. They produce significant overhead redicrecting every request. To use https properly, just convert all links in the database by Duplicator plugin or WP-CLI.

Also, note that future versions of WPML and string translation ( this is currently working on) will bring improvements when it comes to speed performance.

Regards,
Bruno Kos