This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Many translated pages have lost connection and can't be manually re-connected

Solution: We were able to connect the missing translation after the following steps.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML - Remove ghost entries from the translation tables - Fix element_type collation - Set language information - Fix WPML tables collation - Assign translation status to duplicated content - Fix terms count - Fix post type assignment - Recreate ST DB cache tables

4) Open page for edit in French

5) Click on *Connect with translations* link of Language widget(on the right side of the screen)

6) Connect it with the English page

Relevant Documentation:

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sean 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4229789

Sean

I am trying to: click to view a translation of a page that I know has translations, but it goes to homepage instead. When I go to edit the original language post, I don't have the option to re-connect, it just shows the typical boxes for duplicating etc...

Note that it was all working at some point. Not sure when the translations got disconnected.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: Spanish and French flags go to translated page. But only Spanish does. French goes to homepage

Any way to recover broken connections?

July 17, 2019 at 5:55 pm #4232799

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 24, 2019 at 10:02 am #4272743

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. Please ignore my last reply. It was a mistake.

I am getting the following warning while trying to translate the page(RECENT FUNDINGS) to French from English or Spanish.

You attempted to edit an item that doesn’t exist. Perhaps it was deleted?

Please let me know the translated French page is listing in Pages>>All Pages, when the Dashboard language is French. Because I can't find it exactly. If the page is listing, please share me the URL of the page.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 24, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4275235

Sean

On the Recent Fundings page, the english is:

hidden link

The link to the spanish works, but the link to the french doesn't:

The French page is here: hidden link

July 24, 2019 at 6:08 pm #4276799

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I was able to connect the RECENT FUNDINGS page and its French translation after the troubleshooting steps. Please check the following URL and attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

hidden link

Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

4) Open hidden link page for edit

5) Click on *Connect with translations* link of Language widget(on the right side of the screen)

6) Connect it with *RECENT FUNDINGS* page

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4283575

Sean

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!