This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 8:47 am #3913349

sashaP-2

Hi,

I am using Algolia openstreet maps for my site and uploading custom pins for this map, as per my theme's abilities (the theme itself is wpml-compatible). The theme authors have a help file which explains how to display pins for all languages (hidden link)
This method does not work, however, and they have referred me to open a ticket with wpml directly to ask for your help.

What is happening: When I upload custom pins for one language, the pins display ONLY for that language. When I try to upload custom pins for the other languages, the settings for the first language get lost and no pins display. So in effect, the custom pins only display for ONE language at a time.

I expected to see: Custom pins displaying for all languages.

Instead, I got: custom map pins displaying only for ONE language at a time, whilst the other settings are lost for the other languages, so it appears that no pins are uploaded for the other languages.

Not sure if this is some configuration problem?

Your help your be appreciated. Thanks.

May 29, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3917147

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us. I don't have enough information to solve your issue.

I would need your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

If possible, please provide a link where I can see the issue, and credentials.

May 30, 2019 at 1:52 am #3919295

sashaP-2

Hi Laura,

please find the debug information included.

May 30, 2019 at 1:54 am #3919297

sashaP-2

Could you please tell me how I can provide website credentials securely?

May 30, 2019 at 6:35 am #3920749

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I'll enable a private reply.

May 30, 2019 at 7:47 am #3921029

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

for the moment we can avoid FTP. I logged into your site and I've seen the issue.

If this worked before, we can have 2 cases:
1. something changed during an update
2. a 3rd party plugin is interfering

Could you try a compatibility test?
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons (+ any theme require plugin)
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again

if you still have the issue, could you please install your theme here and see if you can reproduce the problem? hidden link

June 1, 2019 at 1:44 am #3933751

sashaP-2

Hi Laura,

Could you please tell me if you changed any setting, as we are now seeing the following notice (see screenshot) and we cannot seem to revert the changes...

June 1, 2019 at 7:15 am #3934479

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

no, I didn't change anything, we don't perform any operation on live sites unless is absolutely necessary, and in any case, I would have asked you to do a backup before.

String tracking is an option in String Translation, could you try to disable from there and see if you can change revert this option as well.

June 2, 2019 at 11:04 pm #3938381
sashaP-2

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that String tracking is not an option that's ever been enabled on our deployment so I'm a little confused as to how and why this message has all of a sudden started appearing?

Are there any other troubleshooting suggestions to help resolve the message?

New threads created by Laura and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translation-error-message-2/

June 3, 2019 at 7:14 am #3939755

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I split the ticket as the message error isn't related to the main issue.
Please let me know if you can do the compatibility test and eventually reproduce the issue in the Sandbox.

The topic ‘[Closed] Map pins not displaying, custom image pins not saving for languages’ is closed to new replies.