This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 6:02 am #3731013
tylerB-7

I am trying to:

Have the masonry portfolio appear the same on English and Chinese language. The portfolio items are all set with their respective featured images, yet only one item appears when I switch languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link (scroll to the bottom)

I expected to see:

hidden link (you can see on the bottom there are 3 projects)

Instead, I got:

On the bottom of the Chinese page there is only 1 portfolio item displayed. No matter which project titles I put here, or settings I do, it will only show 1 project - not sure why..

New threads created by Dennis and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-causes-all-site-content-to-disappear/

May 3, 2019 at 8:56 am #3732407

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 7, 2019 at 3:38 am #3753759

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I have successfully created a duplicator package. I will download a copy and try deploy it on my local machine. Then I will continue debugging your site on my test environment and will give you feedback when I got some results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 7, 2019 at 7:42 am #3754895

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

I have opened a new ticket for the new issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

However, in order for us to continue debugging issue related to this thread, the new issue must be addressed first.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for the understanding.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 14, 2019 at 1:38 am #3802417

tylerB-7

Got a message that this ticket would be closing, but it needs to remain open since it's not fixed yet - working on a bigger problem that WPML erases content and making other plugins unusable.

May 14, 2019 at 9:58 am #3805619

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Okay we can keep this ticket open.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Masonry Portfolio only showing 1 item on language switch’ is closed to new replies.