This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 34 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zuzannaR 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 25, 2020 at 12:23 pm

zuzannaR

Once we translate the form with WPML, the original form loses the styling and the secondary language form is not translated.

January 25, 2020 at 2:43 pm
January 25, 2020 at 4:10 pm #5361897

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Sorry for not catching it from the beginning. You will need to install our glue plugin "MailChimp for WordPress Multilingual" which you can download from your download page https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- https://wpml.org/download/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/?section=changelog

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/

After that, complete the translation again of the page and complete the translation of the widget.
Let me know if it resolves the issue.

January 25, 2020 at 7:25 pm #5362593

zuzannaR

Hi Jamal,

Thanks for taking the time to investigate the issue.

Before contacting the support team, I've already had installed the Mailchimp multilingual plugin from the link you provided.

I think we are getting somewhere, because now the form on the Home page is translated, BUT:

1. It doesn't have any formatting.

2. When I try to modify the formating of the Spanish form it is being saved correctly (yay!), but then the formatting of the English form (default lang) is gone. When I try to modify the formatting of the EN form, it is saved, but the formatting on the ES form is gone.
It looks like I'm only able to modify the appearence of one of the forms, but not both.

Could you check the CSS code I gave you earlier to make sure it is not the issue?

As for the Widget form located in the footer, the same things happen.
Additionally, when I go to Appearence > Widgets to assign the English form to the EN website and the Spanish one to the ES website (as described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/), it only works partially.

The Spanish widget appears correctly in the footer of the ES page, but the English one doesn't. It is correctly assigned, but doesn't appear in the footer at all.

January 25, 2020 at 10:51 pm #5363029

zuzannaR

Hi again,

I have one follow-up question.

When the sign-up form is translated, MC4WP generates a shortcode.
Right now, the shortcode pasted on both Home pages (by both, I mean English and Spanish) is the same (corresponding to the original EN form).

Should I perhaps paste the shortcode corresponding to the Spanish form on the Spanish page?

Right now I'm translating a CF7 contact form and I don't need to use a different shortcode. I would assume that MC4WP works the same way, but I'd rather check, because perhaps this is the issue.

January 26, 2020 at 7:21 pm #5365837

zuzannaR

Hi again,

Do I perhaps need to install THIS plugin (MC4WP: WPML Integration?):

https://wordpress.org/plugins/mc4wp-wpml/

January 28, 2020 at 2:04 pm
January 28, 2020 at 2:05 pm #5377829

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the late reply, I do not work on Mondays.

I am not sure if using this plugin will help fix this issue. I'll probably say that it is related to the server, for that reason, I created a new installation on our platform to migrate your website on it and continue our investigation without affecting your website.

Please follow the steps on my last reply(JANUARY 28, 2020 AT 2:04 PM) to migrate your website. Once finished, please translate the form again and check if the issue is resolved on our server.

Thank you,
Jamal

January 28, 2020 at 2:35 pm #5378099

zuzannaR

Hi Jamal,

I've just migrated the site.
Do you want me to translate the form again just like I did before (on my server)?

January 28, 2020 at 5:33 pm #5379701

Jamal
Supporter

I tried to find a custom CSS to work around this difference in style and it seems a little difficult, because of the difference in HTML markup too. It may also be obsolete after an update of the forms.

It seems that there is a compatibility bug that prevents WPML from copying styles to the translated form. If we can reproduce this issue in one of our clean installs, I'll escalate it to a compatibility developer to find out why this is happening. That's why I created a new install, you can login to with the following one-click-login-link or user/password: admin / admin123
hidden link

Please configure WPML with two languages and install Mailchimp plugins and the pro plugin too. Maybe it is a bug with the Pro plugin too.

January 28, 2020 at 8:49 pm #5380445

zuzannaR

Hi Jamal,

I have downloaded and activated all WPML plugins, as well as MC4WP and MC4WP Multilingual.
I have also installed the Premium MC4WP plugin, but I haven't activated it becasue my license is valid for one site only and it's currently active on my website.

After translating the form, this is what happens:
The form is correctly translated on the Spanish page and the original EN form is not affected in any way.
However, the formatting set in the Spanish form doesn't appear on the front-end. I have set the Submit button as yellow and it appears in the default colour (red).
I didn't use any extra CSS code.

January 29, 2020 at 12:58 pm #5384395

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your collaboration. Indeed the issue was reproduced and the styles were not copied to the translated form.
I escalated this ticket to our compatibility team and I'll get back to you as soon as we have some insights.

January 29, 2020 at 6:17 pm #5386815

zuzannaR

Thank you, Jamal! I hope the compatibility team will find a solution.

January 29, 2020 at 6:40 pm #5386937

Jamal
Supporter

Yes, I hope we can get back to you with a solution very soon. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

February 1, 2020 at 11:49 pm #5405491

zuzannaR

Hi, I just wanted to check if there's any progress on this issue. Thanks!