Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by franck 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
November 9, 2018 at 8:14 am #2892177

franck

I am trying to: i translate this page in persian .. and i translate all taxonomy... but in the filter bar.. the title of drodwon is always in english. i contact webnus for this problem, and they told me tha :
You should contact WPML support in this regard. This issue is not related to MEC and it is from WPML.

-

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:

Instead, I got: Fields is "Age range " "schoold" "location" "category" .. i upload images

November 12, 2018 at 12:55 pm #2898524

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @franck, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please try the steps below:
- Make sure you have the Translation Magagement and String Translator extensions active. If not, you can download here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Go to WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization > Strings in the plugins
- Select your theme and click on Scan selected theme for strings
- Go to WPML > String Translation and search for the Strings
- Translate the string, check the Translation is complete field and click on Save.

Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If you can not find the strings, check it is possible to find it on the Translate texts in admin screen page, like on this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

November 12, 2018 at 1:56 pm #2898772

franck

Hello Diego
i check in string transaltions before to send you a assitance and no found. so i used your options in wp-options table... and i found 2 new translations ... but it miss always 2 transation : Age range and School
I try many times... but i don't found it... perhaps you will found it if i give you credentials ?
thanks a lot

November 12, 2018 at 5:16 pm #2899515

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll take a look. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT Please backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Kind regards,
Diego

November 13, 2018 at 4:27 pm #2903649

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I found the strings on the "Translate texts in admin screens page" (on mec_options > message). After that I added the followinx XML code to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="mec_options">
            <key name="messages">
                <key name="*"/></key>
        </key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Now the strings are available for translation on the String Translation under the "admin_texts_mec_options" textdomain.

Could you please translate these strings and let me know if it worked for you?

Kind regards,
Diego

November 14, 2018 at 7:29 am #2905571

franck

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!