This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: On this page I offer some PDFs for download. I have exchanged the already translated PDFs via the plugin. That the file was exchanged, so that I can download the PDF in English language. Solution: The translation of the block that contains the text with links can be translated through String Translation. This way, you'll have access to the block content as code and will be able to control the link.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hilleH 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 8:46 am

hilleH

I am trying to: On this page I offer some PDFs for download. I have exchanged the already translated PDFs via the plugin.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: That the file was exchanged, so that I can download the PDF in English language.

Instead, I got: The German Version

May 7, 2019 at 9:58 am #3756079

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Hille,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you try to change the links here: hidden link by editing the translated text, please? This should do the trick. Just give it a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

May 7, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3757921

hilleH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!