This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Sibiline 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 26, 2018 at 3:19 pm #2233665

Sibiline

Hello,
I am trying to translate same media from french to English.
Here is a link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link
I expected to see the title in English because I have upload the WPML media translation.
Instead, I got titles of the photo gallery in french.

What should I go to make it work?

I'm running the WP divi theme.

Thanks to help.
Best regards

May 29, 2018 at 2:36 am #2242642

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Have you translated the content of the images? If not, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the Media > Library
- Click on the desired image
- Click on the "Edit more details" link. I'll attach an image for you to see.
- On the top bar, switch to the secondary language and translate the image details (title, description, caption, and alternative text)

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

May 30, 2018 at 3:56 pm #2252183

Sibiline

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I succeded in changing titles in English on several images. Is there a way to do it for a group of images if the title is the same for each of them because I have quite a lot of images to "re-name"?
Thanks to help.
Best regards

May 30, 2018 at 9:21 pm #2253471

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Unfortunately, not this time. In the next version of WPML Media, you will be able to translate titles more easily - you will still need to access the page to translate other elements, such as description.

Note that the next version of WPML plugins will be released soon. You can download the beta, if you want, in your client area (on the right, switch from "Stable" to "Beta"): https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Note that the beta version should only be used for testing. If you install the beta, please note that it is recommended that you fully backup your site before installing the beta.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

May 31, 2018 at 12:19 pm #2256179

Sibiline

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
In the new version of WPML Media, will it be possible to select several images in the media page Library and add the same title in English to each of the selected images in one time ?

Thanks.
Best regards

May 31, 2018 at 3:53 pm #2257391

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Bruno is on holiday so I will be answering your question. I do not there there is any kind of feature to allow you to do this. To be sure, you need to download the beta version and test it.

You could search for a 3rd party plugin that can do that kind of bulk editing for you or develop an SQL script if it is within your capacities.

May 31, 2018 at 7:26 pm #2258412

Sibiline

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards