This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 28, 2018 at 4:02 pm

michalL-7

I am trying to: Have all media copied from original to translated contentr.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: All media translated

Instead, I got: Media is not translated

October 30, 2018 at 12:39 pm #2861669

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I checked your site and the only thing missing is the video embedded. Are you referring to it?
If this is the case, it's because it's not really a media, but a link. It's not attached to the page, in which case you could have it copied automatically, which is not possible here.
You should be able to add the link when you translate the taxonomy description.

If you were referring to something else, could you please be more explicit and explain where the issue is?

October 30, 2018 at 6:21 pm #2863258

michalL-7

Hi, thanks for your reply!
Yes, the video is expected to be displayed only on the original page. In fact the issue is the images below.
I have updated now the translated item, and eventually it works - the image is indeed copied to the translated item.
But this is a bit random - I have tried that before, and also try to save again the original item and nothing happened. I wonder what is the best, bullet proof, way to be sure that the image is indeed copied automatically without all that hassle?
Thanks again!

October 31, 2018 at 8:08 am #2864688

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

since the images should be copied every time, I can't tell you why this happens from the information I have now.
It could be a compatibility issue or a bug.

If you want me to debug this further, you can mark this topic as non-resolved or open a new one.