Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

===Problem=== When uploading a new attachment, I see hundreds of similar ones without thumbnails in Dashboard > Media, like this https://d2salfytceyqoe.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/575969-Bildschirmfoto_2015_03_11_um_16.09.54.png

===Solution=== #1, First, create a full backup (both files and database) for your site.

#2, Please make sure you are using the latest version of WPML and its add-ons. Test your site again and make sure the problem does not happen anymore. That means when uploading new images, there is no more "junk" attachments displaying.

#3, If this still happens, please open a new ticket and ask for help. Our supporters will come to your site and delete these junk/ghost attachments.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gerard 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
March 11, 2015 at 3:12 pm #575969

Gerard

I am trying to: add media to my pages

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: one single media file

Instead, I got: tons of multiplicated media files that keep on multiplicating themselves with no way to stop that process. Please see below screenshot. I read articles saying that WPML would cause this problem. I decatived the WPML Media plugin but the multiplication just continous. Most of the files that show up are not even on the server anymore.

The above problem makes adding new media impossible.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kindest regards,

Gérard

Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-11 um 16.09.54.png
March 12, 2015 at 8:04 am #576486

Dat Hoang

#1,
Please make sure you are using the latest version of WPML and its add-ons.
Look at your debug info, I can see it look fine now.

#2,
Testing with your site again and make sure the problem does not happen more.
That means when uploading new images, there is no more "junk" attachments displaying.

#3,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site and delete "junk" attachments. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link
These info is private, and available to you and supporters only.

Note that:
+ Backup your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.
+ Install the plugin Adminer for troubleshooting database as well.

March 13, 2015 at 3:29 am #577350

Dat Hoang

I've done deleting the "ghost" attachments.

Please check your site and confirm it.
Hope that everything is fine now 🙂

March 13, 2015 at 11:24 am #577643

Gerard

Dear Mr. Dat Hoang,

We have uploaded some new images and things now seem to be normal, which means, that no ghost images are generated.

Thanks a lot for your help and support on solving this issue.

With my kindest regards I remain,

Gérard