This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 1:47 am #4122713

stephenM-16

I am trying to: View an image by clicking "view" in the French media library.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Media library

I expected to see: The image

Instead, I got: 404 error

Images in the media library link to 404 in all languages other than English (the primary language). For example, hidden link in the French media library leads to 404.

The image is visible at hidden link, with /fr/, but the media library automatically adds this to all permalinks. Media links work as expected everywhere else. The media library displays the link correctly in the file url field. It also adds correctly to posts using the "add media" button. It is only the media library permalink that is incorrect.

July 2, 2019 at 1:58 am #4122781

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. By default, WPML does not add the language code for the URLs of the images.

Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Media Library Attachment Page 404 in Languages Other than Primary’ is closed to new replies.