This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christianB-67 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 12:40 pm #2827936

christianB-67

I am trying to:
My Media Library (english) differs in my second language from the first default Language (German). In English most of my Media is not visible, that leads to that those images aren't shown in my second language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen (currently under development):
German (Default Lang with 6 Images): hidden link
English (Second Languages only displays 1 image, even thought it's just a duplicate): hidden link

I expected to see: in the second languag media library also all images and media from the first language

Instead, I got: only media in both languages that I uploaded after i installed WPML, about 700 hundret of media have already been uploaded before I turned on wpml, so reuploading all of them is not a real option.

October 18, 2018 at 4:45 pm #2828866

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

STEP 1

Did you get the chance to duplicate the media for translation yet? I see that you already have WPML Media enabled but I don't know if you followed the steps below yet.

You can do so by following these steps:

- In the WP Dashboard menu, go to the WPML -> Settings -> scroll down to the "Media translation" section
- Make sure the "Translate existing media in all languages", "Duplicate existing media for translated content" and "Duplicate the featured images for translated content" boxes are checked
- Click Start.

After following these steps, please test with both default and secondary languages (switch them from the top of your WP dashboard) to check if the images are now showing in the media library for the languages.

STEP 2

If the steps above did not solve the issue, let's also try this:

❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting

Press the following buttons:
• "Clear the cache in WPML"
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Fix element_type collation"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix terms count"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 22, 2018 at 9:16 am #2837403

christianB-67

My issue is resolved now.

I did not wait long enough for all media to be translated, did not leave that page open long enough.

Thank you!