This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 9:39 am #4414881

philippeN-2

Hi,

My website is in English (main) and French.
I am trying to translate Pages copying medias added with ACF.
When I upload an image "mountains.jpg" directly from an EN edition Page, this image is visible in the EN front Page and get the same name of the Page : /uploads/2019/08/my-page.jpg
When I duplicate the EN Page (copying the img field with Multilingual Content Setup), the img is visible in the French edition Page but not in the French front Page.
In my media page, the image is visible, its URL is /uploads/2019/08/mountains.jpg, but this url leads to a 404. The only working URL is /uploads/2019/08/my-page.jpg.

Isn't it possible to force my image to get its original name and keep accessible in both languages ?

I hope I'm clear and you could help me without many efforts.

Have a lovely day.

August 19, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4416149

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

The image field is handled differently in ACF fields, In the page "Multilingual Content Setup" click on the Show hidden fields, Look out for the image field name with an underscore eg: _img set the field to copy same as you image field name, Apply the changes
Update the page and the translation. Check if the issue still persists.

If you are still having issues I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Media name & url when uploaded from Page’ is closed to new replies.