This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 5:51 pm #2774549

dimitrisM-3

I don't need to translate my media its to many over 3000 images. I wont to see all me media to be visible in all languages and translate just the text. I install also media plugin I don't know if I need it !

I wont also to see my porfolio which i dont see also.

September 28, 2018 at 7:47 pm #2774746

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

WPML allows you to set your Media so it shows "as translated" in all the languages

to do this please go to WPML->Settings->Post Types Translation-> Media -> set it to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" and this will allow your media to show in all languages without duplicating/translating.

let me know your results

October 1, 2018 at 6:55 am #2777204

dimitrisM-3

Hello Bobby, thanks for your help. It works now.
Something else i will like to ask. Do i need WPML Media plugin if i don't wont to translate my media?
And also WPML Translation Management if i make alone my translations. Thanks for you help

October 1, 2018 at 6:39 pm #2779188

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

WPML Media plugin is not required if you are not going to translate the media but we have of course seen it a lot of times resolve issues with media duplication.

you can try deactivating it and if you notice any issues just reactivate it but you should be ok if you are not going to translate your media.

additionally the WPML Translation Management plugin is helpful to do batch duplications as well , but if you are not planning on using it , it can be safely deactivated as well

The topic ‘[Closed] Media not show on other language’ is closed to new replies.