This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 5:38 pm #3932483

giacomoC-11

I am trying to: Translate media

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: A non-dimmed button

Instead, I got:A dimmed button

May 31, 2019 at 10:32 pm #3933555

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue. Have you followed the steps in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/?

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

June 1, 2019 at 10:05 am #3934811

giacomoC-11

Using latest versions of WP and WPML. Host is siteground. I can only get the "Save Media Translation" button to work if I deactivate all other plugins, so essentially, I have to have WPML running in a vacuum. Indeed, the Automatic Translation doesn't work at all, and as soon as I try to activate, I get all kinds of errors and I have to restore from backup. It makes work difficult, because SG only backs up my site once per day, so I've been trying to fix WPML every day right after the backup. My Mem is at 768, so I know it's not that. I've seen other users are having the same problem, but it seems there's no real answer, except for the same one every developer gives: it's not our problem. It's another plugin causing the issue.

I had the previous version of WPML installed on the site about 6 months ago, and I had no problems with it. Everything started going haywire with the latest version, which I only activated and started working with about two weeks ago.

The only other problem I'm having right now is with a Social Media plugin, but they're looking into it, and it doesn't seem to be related. I have that plugin deactivated now, but the Media Translation issue persists. Please let know what I can do to get this working. Thanks.

June 3, 2019 at 11:05 pm #3946393

Bruno
Supporter

This is probably some compatibility problem with some of the plugins you are using. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

June 6, 2019 at 12:53 am #3964659

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. What appears to be causing this problem in WPML Media is the "Protect Pages & Posts Gold" plugin. When you disable this plugin, the button on the WPML Media works correctly.

I noticed that this plugin has a new update. Please, could you update this plugin check if the problem persists?

Thank you.

June 6, 2019 at 5:20 am #3965867

giacomoC-11

Ok, so now the Advanced Media Translator works without crashing the site, even with PDA/Protect Pages activated. I have to deactivate it if I want to directly edit Media Translations, but I can live with that.

The problem I'm having now is with the Advanced Editor itself. I ran a test page from English to Spanish, and you can see in the caps that not everything works. Although it translated the User Field prompt of "Message" to "mensaje", it didn't translate the name field as it did with Name and Subject. So, I went into string translation and translated it manually, but it doesn't update on the front end. I was able to do this in the Classic Editor with no problem. Moreover, since turning Advanced Editor, I no longer see my Italian and French translations on the Translation page, and when I got to Italian/Pages/Contact, it wants to retranslate everything I already did back to English. So, I'd have to start all over again with both French and Italian. Reverting back to Classic Editor did nothing to fix it, so I suppose I'll have to restore from backup, but I'll hold off on doing that until I hear from you. Thanks for looking into this.

June 6, 2019 at 10:31 pm #3972361

Bruno
Supporter

Glad to hear that it now works. As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.