This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
OnePress not translating Team member caption
Solution:
Go to: /onepress/section-parts/section-team.php, line 69 and find this code there:

<span class="member-position"><?php echo esc_html( $data->post_content ); ?></span>

Replace it with:

<span class="member-position"><?php echo esc_html_e( $data->post_content ); ?></span>

And then find strings within String Translation where you can translate them.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ameliaR-3 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 8:13 pm #3858725

ameliaR-3

Hi,

I'm trying to translate media - photos of team on my website.
Though I deleted them couple of times, increased WP memory limit and uploaded it again, it is not translated.
Tried many times.

What I do is: I upload photo, add description in PL, then go to media translation, change the description to ENG and DE. Then I go to customizer and choose photos to each team members. They are visible in each language but the description stays in PL only.

Another issue is that only in this section the redirection is not working (the photo should lead to member description in chosen language but it goes to basic language - PL).

The link to my website is: hidden link

Please help!

May 22, 2019 at 7:02 am #3861697

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

They are visible in each language but the description stays in PL only.

Can you tell me if you tried searching for these descriptions within WPML -> String translation and translating them there?

Also, can you tell me where do you manage these items, in the customizer?

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information. I'd like to check inside on how this works on your site.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 22, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3865269

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I browsed around and I think that some of these fields are available for translation, provided that we are looking at the same thing :). For example, see this:
hidden link

Anita now links to hidden link

If you check this link:
hidden link

You will find many of these strings here, such as URLs, since these are stored within admin_texts_theme_mods_onepress domain.

However, one thing I am not able to find is RADCA PRAWNY translation - I translated it using Media Translation to "Legal Counsel", but it doesn't seem to be showing and it looks like a compatibility issue with the theme. Apart from this, what other fields are not available for translation or don't translate properly?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 22, 2019 at 1:06 pm #3865873

ameliaR-3

Hi,
Yes, now it looks like linking works fine. I thought I tried this already (to translate theme_mods_onepress strings) but maybe not hard enough 🙂 I added another team meber and linking is working fine. Thanks!

Anyway, now it seems to me that only the media description string is not visible (even though it's translated). I would really love to know how to fix this as it's important to provide this content on main page.

Ameila

May 22, 2019 at 3:44 pm #3867261

ameliaR-3

Bruno,
so I've installed onepress and set up demo with two languages.
hope you can help

🙂

May 23, 2019 at 7:12 am #3871929

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 23, 2019 at 2:04 pm #3876243

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have some news - can you go to: /onepress/section-parts/section-team.php, line 69 and find this code there:

<span class="member-position"><?php echo esc_html( $data->post_content ); ?></span>

Replace it with:

<span class="member-position"><?php echo esc_html_e( $data->post_content ); ?></span>

And then find strings within String Translation where you can translate them. It seems to be working:
hidden link, can you try on your site as well?

However, this is only a workaround at the moment and this change would get overwritten with the next theme update. I will notify you if we can get some other solution that would be more permanent.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 23, 2019 at 8:06 pm #3879293

ameliaR-3

Thanks! I changed that. Then translated RADCA PRAWNY and now it works! Perfect.
I hope this will not mix up when the update comes. But we will see.

Thank you.
Now I have another issue (hopefully last) with new menu item (my customized section #publikacje). It works for PL menu but not for DE and ENG. I translated the links and menu item and these are put the same as with other menu positions. Can you see and check this as well pls :).
I was designing different menu by myself, without using the automatic tool.

Amelia

May 24, 2019 at 8:38 am #3882413

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I hope this will not mix up when the update comes. But we will see.

Make sure to make this change on every theme update. We have escalated this and will reach the theme authors about this, but it is up to them if they will implement this and when or not.

It works for PL menu but not for DE and ENG.

Can you check now? You would change the menu language and put translated anchor, it seems to be working now when on either EN or DE, the anchor for these menu items was as on the original language, hence it didn't work as it pointed to a non-existing anchor (I can see the by the code that anchors - section IDs - were also translated).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 24, 2019 at 11:51 am #3884489

ameliaR-3

Thank you! Now everything works fine.
So I translated too much this time 🙂

Thanks for your help and time!

May 24, 2019 at 11:51 am #3884491

ameliaR-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!