If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 30, 2017 at 4:33 pm #1354537

thiesd

Hi,

I'm installed WPML on a site yesterday. There were already some images on it. New images uploaded appear twice.

Problem: I have this banner saying that WPML needs to add languages to the images. However, when I click the button, I get a message: "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page."

I am the designer of this site, so I have all the rights. What could be the problem?

URL:

hidden link

Thanks!

August 30, 2017 at 9:39 pm #1354741

thiesd

well, this seems to have been solved, at some point the error message was not shown any longer, and the languages could be assigned to the media.

However, another problems persists (which I first thought might be cause by the initial issue).

I am using X and Cornerstone. Although I have the blog-version of WPML, three months ago I was able to manually translate the pages by duplicating the native language version, and translating it independently. Everything worked fine. Now, returning to further develop the site, it doesn't work anymore. Even though I separated the duplicated page by clicking on 'translate indepently', still all changes are shown on both pages. This was certainly not the case three months ago.

In those three months, both WPML and Cornerstone have been updated. Do you have any idea what might be causing this, and how it can be solved ?

Thanks!

August 31, 2017 at 12:50 am #1354764

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello.

I´m happy that the original issue seems to have resolved itself. I will be happy to help you with your new issue - but could I kindly ask you to either change the topic question for this message or to open a new thread so that we keep the workflow logical?

1. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. X and Cornerstone
I´ve reviewed open issues regarding this theme but I don´t see anything that matches your description - especially with the "manual" translation method. This would merit a closer investigation.

If you are unable to change the title of this message to one that reflects the problem we are now working on - please open a new thread for this problem.

3. WP and PHP Debug
Please provide debug information

3.1 Follow the instructions in this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
3.2 Repeat the action that produces the problem
3.3 Cut and paste the contents of error log file inside the /wp-content/directory to this same message

4. Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Media Translation’ is closed to new replies.